Banca dati musicale
Links www.trondheimsolistene.no (Inglese)
Trondheim Soloists (Norwegian: TrondheimSolistene) are a musical chamber ensemble of string players based in Trondheim, Norway. The ensemble was founded in 1988 and has been an arena for professional concert training for string-players at the Music Conservatory at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
Trondheim Soloists discography includes over twenty recordings. The Trondheim Soloists have recorded 6 CDs including Vivaldis 'Four Seasons' and all of the music for strings by Edvard Grieg. The French Diapason dOr was awarded the orchestra for its recording of Griegs String Quartet No. 1 in G minor. Cellist Øyvind Gimse was appointed as artistic director in 2002.
Their performing style has been described as a hybrid between modern techniques and period ideas: they use baroque bows but on metal stringed instruments. The latest release, Divertimenti (2L, 2008), featuring pieces by Britten and Bartók, also marks the first ever audio-only release on Blu-ray technology. The record was later nominated for three Grammy awards.
Trondheim Soloists collaborates regularly with professional soloists such as Ben Caplan, Leif Ove Andsnes, Martin Fröst, Joshua Bell, Ole Edvard Antonsen, and Arve Tellefsen. Trondheim Soloists are perhaps mostly known for their extensive collaboration with German classical violinist Anne-Sophie Mutter. This collaboration has resulted in recordings of pieces by Vivaldi (Deutsche Grammophon, 1999) and Bach (Deutsche Grammophon, 2008). The Bach album made its debut on the Billboard "Top Classical Albums" chart in the No. 1 position in October 2008, and remained in the top five for five weeks. The collaboration with Mutter has also included touring. In November 2001, the Trondheim Soloists made their Carnegie Hall debut alongside Mutter 
- Vivaldi: The Four Seasons with Anne-Sophie Mutter (2003)
- Mozart: Violin Concertos with Marianne Thorsen (2006)
- Gubaidulina in tempus praesens with Anne-Sophie Mutter (2008)
- Divertimenti (2008)
- Trondheimsolistene. "Press material: CV English". Trondheim: Trondheimsolistene
- Clements, Andrew. "Classical review: Bach: Violin Concertos in A minor & E; Gubaidulina: In Tempus Praesens, Mutter/Trondheim Soloists/LSO/Gergiev". The Guardian, Friday 3 October 2008
- Clark Philip. "The Trondheim Soloists shine in unique recorded sound and intriguing repertoire". Classic FM Magazine, September 2008
- Schweitzer, Vivien. "Finding Her Mendelssohn Sweet Spot". New York Times, January 30, 2009
- Schweitzer, Vivien. "Music Review: Playing Bach With Nods to Two Centuries". New York Times, October 14, 2008
- Holden, Anthony and Pritchard, Stephen. "Classical releases". The Observer, Sunday 21 September 2008
- Jepson, Barbara. "The Reigning Diva of the Violin Embraces Contemporary Music". The Wall Street Journal, page D7, November 28, 2008
- Tomassini, Anthony. "Ensemble Turns to Vivaldi To Herald Changing Seasons". New York Times, November 14, 2001