Banca dati musicale
nata a Sarajevo, Kanton Sarajevo, Bosnia-Erzegovina
Ivana Gavrić (born in Sarajevo) is a British pianist. She was named Newcomer of the Year at the BBC Music Magazine Awards 2011.
The daughter of pianist Zrinka Gavrić, Ivana Gavrić commenced her studies at the age of six at the Central Junior Music School of Sarajevo. Following her move to the UK in 1992, she attended The Latymer School and the Guildhall School of Music Junior Department, where she was awarded the Keyboard Prize, and studied with James Gibb. She went on to read music at St Catharine's College, Cambridge where she was an Instrumental Award Holder. She completed her Masters in Advanced Performance with Distinction at the Royal College of Music, where she studied with Niel Immelman. She complemented her studies in masterclasses with Dmitri Bashkirov, Ferenc Rados, Menahem Pressler, Pascal Devoyon and Alexander Satz.
Gavrić made her Wigmore Hall solo début in July 2010.
Gavrić released her debut disc In the mists, featuring works by Janáček, Schubert, Liszt and Rachmaninov, on Champs Hill Records in August 2010. The CD was named Instrumental Choice of the Month by BBC Music Magazine, was nominated as “outstanding” in International Record Review, and received four-star reviews in The Guardian, Independent on Sunday and The Telegraph.
Gavrić released her second album From the street, featuring works by Janáček, Ravel and Prokofiev on Champs Hill Records in October 2011. The disc was award the "Outstanding" accolade by International Record Review and received 5 stars in BBC Music Magazine.
Gavrić performed on the soundtracks of Anthony Minghella's Breaking and Entering and the BBC Two series The Line of Beauty, where she plays the role of pianist Nina Glaserova.
At the April 2011 BBC Music Magazine Awards, Gavrić was named Newcomer of the Year.
- Ivana Gavrić: From the street, Champs Hill Records, 2011.
- Ivana Gavrić: In the mists, Champs Hill Records, 2010.
- Breaking and Entering: Original Soundtrack, V2 Records, 2006.
- "BBC Music Magazine Awards 2011". Accessed 6 May 2011.
- "Ivana Gavrić, Wigmore Hall", theartsdesk.com, 16 July 2010. Accessed 10 April 2011.
- Ivana Gavrić, Champs Hill Records
- Erik Levi (Christmas 2010). "In the Mists". BBC Music Magazine.
- International Record Review, October 2010
- Andrew Clements (6 January 2011). "Janáček: In the Mists; Schubert: Piano Sonata in A minor D 784; Liszt: Petrarch Sonnets; etc – review". London: The Guardian. Retrieved 10 April 2011.
- Anna Picard (29 August 2010). "Album: Janácek, Schubert etc, In the Mists / Ivana Gavric (Champs Hill)". London: Independent on Sunday. Retrieved 10 April 2011.
- Geoffrey Norris (21 August 2010). "Janáček: In the Mists". The Telegraph.
- , Champs Hill Records
- "International Record Review", December 2011
- BBC Music Magazine, November 2011
- Ivana Gavric, IMDB