Base de données musicale
Date de naissance 3.10.1973 à Möriken-Wildegg, AG, Suisse
Oliver Schnyder (b. October 3, 1973 in Möriken, Switzerland) is a Swiss classical pianist.
Oliver Schnyder studied with Emmy Henz-Diémand (teaching and concert diploma of the Swiss Music Pedagogic Association SMPA, 1994), and until graduating with the soloist diploma in 1998 from the master class of Homero Francesch at the Hochschule für Musik und Theater Zürich (Zurich University of the Arts), which was followed by a short study with Ruth Laredo at the Manhattan School of Music in New York City (1998), and from 1998 to 2001 in the master class of Leon Fleisher in Baltimore (Graduate Performance Diploma, 2001).
Concerts and recordings
Since his recital debut in the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington D.C. and his solo debut with the Tonhalle-Orchester Zürich under David Zinman at the Orpheum Music Festival for the advancement of young soloists in Zurich, Oliver Schnyder has given concerts worldwide. He has performed as a soloist, recitalist and chamber music player in all of Europe, in North and South America and the Far East and has been a guest on stages in London (Wigmore Hall), New York (Carnegie Hall), Washington D.C. (Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts), Osaka (Izumi Hall), Taipei (National Concert Hall) and at international festivals (among others at the Lucerne Festival and the Menuhin Festival Gstaad). As a soloist Oliver Schnyder continues to perform with among others the Tonhalle-Orchester Zürich and the WDR Symphony Orchestra Cologne.
Numerous radio and TV recordings e.g. for the Swiss Radio DRS 2 and the Swiss TV SF 1 and for the Bayerischer, Norddeutscher, Hessischer and Südwestdeutscher Rundfunk document Schnyder's playing.
After his CD debut with Sony Masterworks RCA Red Seal (the 2-CDs Mozart album Contrasts with piano concertos together with the Camerata Bern and the complete piano works in minor), Schnyder released a record with piano works of Robert Schumann in June 2010. Other CDs were published by Avie Records, ClassicO, Musiques Suisses, Phoenix Records and Telos Records.
Selected scholarships, prizes and awards
- Pizzicato Supersonic Award, Luxembourg, 2010 and 2011
- tz-Rose der Woche, Munich, 2009
- Orpheum Foundation for the Advancement of Young Soloists, Zurich, 2002
- Milholland Award for Piano of the Peabody Conservatory, 2001
- First Prize at the Pembaur Competition, Berne, 1999
- Soloist Competition of the Swiss Council for Music, Boswil, 1991
- Swiss Young Musicians Competition, Lucerne, 1986
Selected albums by Oliver Schnyder include:
- Brahms, Mendelssohn, Schubert piano works, art unity, 2001
- Fauré, Debussy, Mussorgsky piano works, art unity, 2002
- Chopin Recital, Telos, 2008
- Mozart Contrasts, Sony Masterworks, 2010
- Schumann Piano Works, Sony Music, 2010
- Rolf Urs Ringger Aria amorosa, The Golden Heat of Midday, Feuillages, Klavierstücke 1987-98, Migros, 2001
- David Philip Hefti Sator, DRS 2 and Telos, 2006. With Collegium Novum Zürich and the Zürcher Kammerensemble
- David Philip Hefti Tenet, DRS 2 and Edition Kunzelmann, 2007. With the Zürcher Kammerensemble
- Rosenblätter, Quantaphon, 2007. With mezzosoprano Judith Schmid
- Franz Schubert Klaviertrio D.929, Klaviersonate D.664, Solo Musica, 2010. As Trio Opus 100 with Marina Yakovleva and Claudius Hermann. The recording won Pizzicato's Supersonic Award in March 2011.
- Recital with violinist Julia Fischer at Zankel Hall, Carnegie Hall, January 14, 2005, New York Times, January 15, 2005
- Recital with Veronika Eberle at Weill Recital Hall, Carnegie Hall, February 13, 2009, New York Times, February 16, 2009
- 3.0 3.1 Supersonic Award März 2011 (German). Pizzicato. Retrieved on 15 May 2011.
- Musicians of the Orpheum Advancement Programme. Orpheum Foundation for the Advancement of Young Soloists. Retrieved on May 15, 2011.
- Discographie. Oliver Schnyder's official homepage. Retrieved on 15 May 2011.