I Solisti Veneti
I Solisti Veneti
I Solisti Veneti is one of the first rank of small Italian chamber orchestras with modern instruments.
Founded in Padua in 1959 by Claudio Scimone, I Solisti Veneti has made a reputation especially with Italian Baroque music, recording many works by Antonio Vivaldi, Tomaso Albinoni, Francesco Geminiani, Benedetto Marcello and Giuseppe Tartini. Giuliano Carmignola, Piero Toso, Lucio Degani were three of the soloists in the ensemble. The group has made over 350 recordings, many on the Erato, others on RCA, Sony, Arts, etc. record labels. A number of these were first-ever recordings of works of Vivaldi, Albinoni and Rossini. However the repertoire of the orchestra is very wide and goes since 1585 (Giovanni Bassano) up to many works written in 2017. More than 70 composers of our times have dedicated works for Claudio Scimone and his Orchestra such as Bussotti, Donatoni, R.Malipiero, L.Chailly, Guaccero, Morricone, Constant, De Pablo, De Marzi, Cadario, Campogrande, Lucio Dalla, Donaggio and many women composers.
I Solisti Veneti has recorded for television and movies. The ensemble has won numerous awards including a Grammy, three'Grand Prix du Disque.(Académie Charles Cros and Acadèmie du Disque Lyrique") In 1970 they won the first price in the original countest of Festival Bar (juke box recordings) with 350.000 votes of young listeners. I Solisti Veneti has toured the world, playing over 6,000 concerts in over ninety countries, in places as diverse as Salzburg and Seoul. The ensemble has recorded with many world-famous artists, including Salvatore Accardo, Plácido Domingo, Jean-Pierre Rampal, Marilyn Horne, James Galway, Mstislav Rostropovich, Sviatoslav Richter, Paul Badura-Skoda, Heinz Holliger and Ugo Orlandi.
As part of its 50th anniversary celebrations in 2008 the European Parliament honoured the Orchestra with an official plaque where they are praised as “Ambassadors of culture and music across the borders”.
List of Current members (2017)
- Conductor: Claudio Scimone
- Principal violin: Lucio Degani
- Violins: Chiara Parrini, Francesco Comisso, Enzo Ligresti, Michelangelo Lentini, Walter Daga, Marco Bronzi
- Violas: Giancarlo Di Vacri, Silvestro Favero, Fabio Merlini
- Violoncello: Gianantonio Viero, Giuseppe Barutti, Federico Armellini
- Double bass: Gabriele Ragghianti : C
- Flute : Clementine Hoogendoorn
- Oboe : Paolo Grazia, Rossana Calvi , Silvano Scanziani (all principals
- Clarinet : Lorenzo Guzzoni, Enricomaria Bassan
- Bassoon : Roberto Giaccaglia, Christian Maria Galasso
- Trumpet : Roberto Rigo
- Hapsichord and Organ : Silvio Celeghin, Fabio Merlini
- Notes regarding I Solisti Veneti at www.tartinifestival.org
- see list of "Edizioni de I Solisti Veneti" in www.edizionisolistiveneti.it
- I Solisti Veneti official website
- Excerpt of book about I Solisti Veneti, at official website