Tuck & Patti
Tuck & Patti
|Tuck & Patti|
Tuck & Patti are an American jazz duo.
Oklahoma born guitarist Tuck Andress met singer Patti Cathcart, a native of San Francisco, at an audition in Las Vegas in 1980. Prior to this, Tuck had been a session performer with The Gap Band.
Tuck and Patti began performing together in California in 1981 and married in 1983. After signing with Windham Hill in 1987, they released several albums for the label before signing with Epic Records for one album in 1995. After several more on Windham Hill, their releases after 2001 have been on 33rd Street Records.
Tuck Andress' niece is singer-songwriter Annie Clark, who goes under the moniker St. Vincent. As a teenager, Clark was a roadie for Tuck and Patti, and later she was an opening act for the duo.
- Tears of Joy (Windham Hill, 1988) U.S. Top Contemporary Jazz Albums #8
- Love Warriors (Windham Hill, 1989) U.S. #162, U.S. Contemporary Jazz #5
- Reckless Precision (Windham Hill, 1990) U.S. #186, U.S. Contemporary Jazz #3
- Dream (Windham Hill, 1991 - Valley Entertainment, 2009 reissue)
- Hymns, Carols and Songs about Snow (Windham Hill, 1991)
- Learning How to Fly (Epic Records, 1995)
- The Best of Tuck & Patti (Windham Hill, 1997)
- Paradise Found (Windham Hill, 1998) U.S. Contemporary Jazz #19
- Taking the Long Way Home (Windham Hill, 2000)
- As Time Goes By (Windham Hill, 2001)
- Chocolate Moment (33rd Street Records, 2002)
- A Gift of Love (33rd Street, 2004)
- Pure Tuck & Patti (RCA, 2006)
- I Remember You (2007)
- [Tuck & Patti at All Music Guide Tuck & Patti] at Allmusic
- Christensen, Thor. Annie Clark's new album revives her career July 5, 2007
- 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 [Tuck & Patti at All Music Guide Billboard], Allmusic.com
- Official Site