born on 13/7/1959 in Van Wert, OH, United States
Brent Mason (born July 13, 1959) is one of the most recorded guitarists in history. He is a Grammy Award winner, a 12-time winner of the Academy of Country Music Guitarist of the Year Award and a two-time winner of the CMA Award Musician of the Year. He has been named as one of the top ten session guitarists in the world joining the ranks of Jimmy Page, Larry Carlton, Tommy Tedesco and Steve Cropper. He is an American session guitarist and occasional songwriter. He is known primarily for his work in the field of country music. In addition to releasing two instrumental studio albums, he holds several credits as a songwriter.
Brent Mason was born on July 13, 1959, in Van Wert, Ohio. At five years old, he taught himself to play guitar by ear. He moved to Nashville, Tennessee after graduating from high school, in order to pursue a career in country music. Eventually, he was discovered by country guitarist Chet Atkins, who invited him to play on his Stay Tuned album. From there, Mason has gone on to play on well over a thousand  other artists' albums, including those of George Strait, Alan Jackson, Shania Twain, David Gates, Zac Brown Band, Scotty McCreary, Blake Shelton and Neil Diamond. Mason also co-wrote McBride & the Ride's ("Hurry Sundown").
Mason signed to Mercury Records in 1997, releasing an instrumental album entitled Hot Wired that year. This was his only major-label album. He made a decision to break his contract with Mercury records soon after to remain in Nashville and work in the recording studio as an A-List session guitarist rather than spend most of his time on the road touring and away from his family. He and his brother Randy released a second album, entitled Smokin' Section, in 2006.
Although Brent works mainly as a studio musician he has produced several albums to date for artists like Erin James, Tommy Dalton, Cindy Kvinlaug, Evi Tausen and coproduced an album with Byron Gallimore for Clay Walker.
At the 51st Grammy Awards, he and several other guitarists won the Grammy Award for Best Country Instrumental, for the track "Cluster Pluck" from Brad Paisley's mostly-instrumental album Play. From 2003-2010 Valley Arts Guitar (a division of Gibson Guitars) joined with Brent to create and manufacture the Valley Arts Brent Mason Signature Model Guitar. In 2013 PRS Guitars launched the Brent Mason Signature Model Guitar. Brian Wampler of Wampler Pedals manufactures and sells the Brent Mason "Hot Wired" guitar effects pedal.
Country Music Association (CMA) Musician of the Year - 1997 and 1998. NAMMIE Nashville Music Awards - Guitarist of the Year - 1995.
ACM Academy of Country Music - Guitarist of the Year - 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2006 and 2009.
- 1.0 1.1 Erlewine, Stephen Thomas. [Brent Mason at All Music Guide Brent Mason biography]. Allmusic. Retrieved on 2008-03-03.
- Brent Mason: A Chameleon in Tune Town
- Summer 2011 @ All Star Guitar Night
- Brent Mason
- Sweetwater welcomes Brent Mason and Eleven Rack presented by Avid
- GuitarStar: Brent Mason Country - Features
- Photo Gallery: The Top 10 Session Guitarists | Guitar World
- 8.0 8.1 8.2 Fabian, Shelly. Brent Mason - 2005 CMA Nominee Profile. About.com. Retrieved on 2008-03-03.
- Brent Mason | Credits | AllMusic
- Theguitarfiles.com Brent Mason Biography
- Nicely, Lisa (2009-02-09). Former area resident Brent Mason gets Grammy; Napoleon's Scott Bauman missed out on $5,000 "Grammy Moment" prize. Crescent News. Retrieved on 2009-02-17..
- GuitarPlayer: Valley Arts Brent Mason Signature Custom Pro
- PRS Guitars | Brent Mason Signature
- Wampler Pedals | Hand Made Boutique Guitar Effect Pedals | Signature Series | Hot Wired v2
- Past Musician Award Winners : MusicRow Nashville's Music Industry Publication News, Songs From Music City
- MusicRow Readers Name House Song of the Year : MusicRow Nashville's Music Industry Publication News, Songs From Music City
- Brent Mason's Profile on JamPlay. JamPlay.com. Retrieved on 2013-11-01.