born on 23/6/1971 in York, PA, United States
Chad Gracey (born July 23, 1971, in York, Pennsylvania, US) is the drummer for the bands Live and The Gracious Few. Live have sold over 20 million records, including the 8x platinum album Throwing Copper.
Chad is a founding member of the band Live and has appeared on all their albums to date. He met his future Live band mates in middle school in York. When vocalist Ed Kowalczyk left the band in 2009, Gracey formed the band The Gracious Few along with Patrick Dahlheimer and Chad Taylor of Live and Kevin Martin and Sean Hennesy from the band Candlebox. They released their debut album The Gracious Few in 2010. In 2011, Live announced their intention to record new material. They began recording with new lead singer Chris Shinn in 2012.
EquipmentDrums- Pearl drums masters series mrx (silver)
- 12"x10" Rack Tom
- 16"x16" Floating Floor Tom
- 18"x18" Floating Floor Tom
- 14"x6" snare
- Eliminator single pedal (red cam)
- Tama Iron Cobra double-bass pedal (customized)
- (7) 1000 series boom stands
- eliminator hi hat 3 legs
- 14" A Custom hats
- 10" A custom splash
- 16",17",18",19" A Custom crash
- 20" A custom Medium ride
- 14" Oriental China "trash"
- 14" K custom mini China
- Custom made Pro-Mark Hot Rods, measured between 5A and 5B.
- all albums to date
With The Gracious Few
- The Gracious Few (2010)
- "LIVE to Perform at The Pools at The Palazzo on June 11" Reuters - May 7, 2009.
- (Gold and Platinum) RIAA.com (note: enter Throwing Copper in the search box to see its entry)
Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Chad Gracey
- The Gracious Few (official website)
- Friends of Live (official website)