Larissa de Macedo Machado
born on 30/3/1993
Larissa de Macedo Machado (born 30 March 1993), known by her stage name Anitta, is a Brazilian recording artist, songwriter, and dancer. In 2010, she signed a contract with the label Furacão 2000. Due to the success of the song "Meiga e Abusada" in 2012, she signed a contract with Warner Music Group Brazil in 2013. Her debut studio album, Anitta was released on 3 July 2013, and was certified gold by Associação Brasileira dos Produtores de Discos. Anitta rose to worldwide fame in 2013, with her song "Show das Poderosas".
2002present: Career beginnings and international breakthrough
Anitta began her career singing in the choir of Santa Luzia Church in Honorio Gurgel neighborhood in the Rio de Janeiro since she was 8 years old. Before investing in music, she thought of doing administrative career in mining company Vale do Rio Doce in which she worked as an intern. Anitta's stage name was inspired by the character Anita, played by Mel Lisboa, from Rede Globo miniseries Presença de Anita. She thought the character "amazing" because "[she] could be sexy without being vulgar, girl and woman at the same time.". When she was fifteen, she was a ballroom dance instructor. At the age of seventeen, she won the award for "Breakout in Funk". Anitta began her career singing in the choir of the Church of Santa Luzia in the Honorio Gurgel neighborhood of Rio de Janeiro at age 8. Before concentrating on music, she considered an administrative career in the mining company Vale do Rio Doce in which she worked.
Her success in the bailes funk in Rio de Janeiro yielded a contract with record label Warner Music. Anitta had worked with producer Furacão 2000 in mid-2010 and 2011, who had contacted her after videos of her singing on the Internet drew attention in 2009. She began gaining recognition on funk radio stations in Rio de Janeiro with her first song, "Eu Vou Ficar."
The song "Meiga e Abusada" became among the most requested songs on Brazilian radio stations in early 2013. In May of the same year, the song was included in the soundtrack of the Rede Globo soap opera Amor à Vida. The music video for the song was recorded in Las Vegas, Nevada, and directed by American Blake Farber. As new singles are released, there have already been two EPs released with these songs that have been and are being worked on. The first studio album is expected to be complete and be released by mid-year 2013. The video for her latest song, "Show das Poderosas", received considerable attention in the media in May. This contributed to making the video became the most watched on YouTube in Brazil in May, surpassing 65 million views. The music was the best selling track on iTunes Brazil, and even became the second most played song on radio in the country in early June.
- Main article: Anitta discography
- Anitta (2013)
- Show das Poderosas Tour (201314)
- Perfil: Anitta. Instituto Cultural Cravo Albin. Dicionário Cravo Albin da Música Popular Brasileira. Retrieved on June 26, 2013.
- Anitta - ABPD. Associação Brasileira dos Produtores de Discos. Retrieved on August 15, 2013.
- MC Anitta é tratada como diva por Ana Maria Braga. Veja. Abril.com. Retrieved on June 7, 2013.
- A poderosa do funk Anitta ou o príncipe do pop Naldo: Quem leva a melhor?. R7 Entretenimento. R7. Retrieved on 2013-06-18.
- Aposta da semana: a funkeira Anitta! - Play - CAPRICHO. Capricho.abril.com.br (1990-01-06). Retrieved on 2013-06-18.
- EGO - Anitta - Tudo sobre famosos. Ego.globo.com. Retrieved on 2013-06-18.
- Anitta comemora os 10 milhões de visualizações de Show das poderosas. Extra. Globo.com. Retrieved on June 2, 2013.
Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Anitta (singer)
- [anittaoficial.com.br Official website]
- Anitta on Twitter
- Anitta (singer) at the Internet Movie Database