born in 1952 in Los Angeles, CA, United States
Debbie Davies (born August 22, 1952) is an American blues guitarist.
She has been the featured guitarist in several female based bands including Maggie Mayall and the Cadillacs (led by John Mayall's wife), and Fingers Taylor and the Ladyfinger Revue (who opened for Jimmy Buffett during his 1991 tour). Besides her solo work, Davies is best known for her work with Albert Collins as a member of his band, the Icebreakers, from 1988 to 1991. Over the years she has collaborated with several well-known musicians such as Tommy Shannon and Chris Layton (aka Double Trouble), Coco Montoya, J. Geils and Duke Robillard. She continues to record and tour.
Davies won the 1997 W. C. Handy Award for Best Contemporary Female Artist. and the 2010 Blues Music Award for Best Traditional Female Artist
- 1993 - Picture This
- 1994 - Loose Tonight
- 1997 - I Got That Feeling
- 1998 - Round Every Corner
- 1998 - Grand Union
- 1999 - Homesick for the Road
- 1999 - Tales From The Austin Motel
- 2001 - Love The Game
- 2003 - Key To Love
- 2005 - All I Found
- 2007 - Blues Blast
- 2009 - Holdin' Court
- 2012 - After The Fall
- 2015 - Love Spin
- 2002 - The Blues: From Yesterday's Masters to Today's Cutting Edge Schanachie, American Roots Songbook, as licensed to St. Clair Entertainment. (Debbie Davies: "I Just Want To Make Love To You")
- Komara, Edward M. (ed.) (2006). Encyclopedia of the Blues, p. 251. Routledge.