born on 20/8/1984 in Lissabon, Distrito de Lisboa, Portugal
Links www.carminho.net (English)
Maria do Carmo Carvalho Rebelo de Andrade (born 20 August 1984, in Lisbon), better known as Carminho, is a Portuguese fado and popular music singer. She comes from a family of musicians, since her mother, Teresa Siqueira, was a famous fado singer. She is considered one of the most talented and innovative fado singers of her generation. She can be considered as a crossover artist, since her eclectic work shows the heritage of both traditional and contemporary fado, as she also delves into other genres such as Brazilian popular music.
Carminho earned stardom status in Spain after being featured on Pablo Alborán's "Perdóname" which was a number-one single in the Spanish charts. Carminho's albums Fado and Alma have achieved Platinum and Gold status in Portugal selling more than 50,000 copies combined.
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|Carminho Canta Tom Jobim||
|"—" denotes a title that did not chart, or was not released in that territory.|
As featured artist
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
(Pablo Alborán con Carminho)
Carminho performed at WOMADelaide in 2014. Carminho performed on June 23 2016 at the Gibraltar World Music Festival in St. Michael's Cave.
- Ángel García Prieto (2010-11-08). "Carminho, maravilhosa". La Nueva España (in Spanish). Retrieved 2011-12-09.
- "Dueto de Pablo Alborán e Carminho lidera em Espanha". TVI 24 (in Portuguese). TVI. 2011-11-23. Retrieved 2011-12-09.
- "Carminho é nº1 em Espanha". Cotonete (in Portuguese). 2011-11-23. Retrieved 2011-12-09.
- "Discography Carminho". portuguesecharts.com. Archived from the original on 22 May 2015. Retrieved 18 March 2012.
- "Discography Carminho". spanishcharts.com. Archived from the original on 31 August 2013. Retrieved 18 March 2012.
- "Discography Carminho". finnishcharts.com. Archived from the original on 3 March 2016. Retrieved 18 March 2012.
- "Discography Carminho". swedishcharts.com. Retrieved 18 March 2012.
- "Search for: Pablo Alborán - Singles". spanishcharts.com/.
- ""Obrigado" is theme of Gibraltar World Music Festival". GBC. Retrieved 5 April 2016.