born in in Moskau, Zentralrussland, Russian Federation
Viviana Sofronitsky (Russian: ) is a Russian-born Canadian classical pianist. Born in Moscow, her father was the noted Soviet-Russian pianist Vladimir Sofronitsky.
She started her music studies at the Central Music School, and went on to earn a doctorate from the Moscow Conservatory. In the Soviet Union she worked with both then-current early music ensembles, Madrigal and The Chamber Music Academy (directed by Alexei Lubimov), while also touring as a solo artist in Moscow, Leningrad, Kiev, Minsk, Sverdlovsk, etc.
In 1989, Sofronitsky moved to the United States, where she worked at the Oberlin College Conservatory of Music in Ohio. In 1990, she moved to Canada, where she pursued an active career in performance and recording in Toronto, partnered with various members of the Tafelmusik Baroque Orchestra. She was a founder and the first Artistic Director of the Academy Concert Series in Toronto. Sofronitsky has been a Canadian citizen since 1994.
In 1999 she received historical performance degrees in harpsichord, fortepiano and early music teaching from the Royal Conservatory in The Hague.
Since 2001 she has lived in the Czech Republic, married to fortepiano builder Paul McNulty, performing and recording on his highly prized instruments an expanded repertoire from C.P.E. Bach to Liszt.
Viviana is a permanent member of international music festivals: «Utrecht Oude Muziek Festival» and "Muziek Netwerk" (Netherlands), «Leipzig Bach Festival»,(Germany), «Klang& Raum Music Festival» Irsee, (Germany), «Festival van Vlaanderen», (Belgium), Musica Antiqua Bruges, (Belgium), «Berliner Tage für Alte Music», (Germany), Bratislava Hammerklavier Festival, (Slovakia), «Chopin Festival», (Poland), Chopin festival, (Poland), Tage Alter Musik Osnabruck, (Germany), «Midis-Minimes», (Belgium), «Oslo Chamber Music Festival», (Norway), «Vendsyssel Festival», (Denmark), «Piano Folia Festival», Le Touquet, (France), Printemps des Arts, Nantes, (France)
- W.A. Mozart-11CD box the first world complete works for piano and orchestra performed on original instruments, Fortepiano: Viviana Sofronitsky Orchestra: Musicae Antiquae Collegium Varsoviense "Pro Musica Camerata" Poland.
- Felix Mendelssohn-Complete works for cello and fortepiano, Fortepiano:Viviana Sofronitsky, Violoncello: Sergei Istomin, «Passacaille Musica Vera» Belgium.
- Francizsek Lessel Works for Piano and Orchestra, Fortepiano: Viviana Sofronitsky, Orchestra: Musicae Antiquae Collegium Varsoviense "Pro Musica Camerata" Poland
- Beethoven, Hummel, Neuling. Works for fortepiano and mandolin Fortepiano:Viviana Sofronitsky, Mandolin: Richard Walz "Globe" the Netherlands.
- Ludwig van Beethoven-Trios for clarinet, violoncello and fortepiano op.11 and op.38 Viviana Sofronitsky with "Die Gassenhauer" Fortepiano: Viviana Sofronitzki Clarinet: Susanne Ehrhard Violoncello: Pavel Serbin, "Suoni e colori" France.
- Fryderyc Chopin Complete works for cello and piano with Sergei Istomin, Passacaille
- Viviana Sofronitsky homepage