born on 6/6/1946 in Krakau, Kleinpolen, Poland
died on 15/2/1979 in Buffalo, NY, United States
Zbigniew Seifert (6 June 1946–15 February 1979) was a Polish jazz violinist.
Seifert was born in Kraków, Poland in 1946. He played alto saxophone early in his career and was strongly influenced by John Coltrane. He devoted himself to jazz violin when he started performing with the Tomasz Stako Quintet in 1970 and became one of the leading modern jazz violinists before he died of cancer at the age of 32.
- Nora (GAD, 2010; recorded 1969-70)
- Tomasz Stako Quintet Music for K (Polskie Nagrania Muza, 1970)
- Tomasz Stako Quintet Purple Sun (Calig/Milo, 2006; recorded 1973)
- Kunstkopfindianer (MPS, 1974) with Hans Koller and Wolfgang Dauner
- Man of the Light (MPS, 1976)
- Solo Violin (EMI, 1976)
- Zbigniew Seifert (Capitol, 1977)
- Passion (Capitol, 1978) with John Scofield, Jack DeJohnette a.o.
- Kilimanjaro (PolJazz, 1978)
- Kilimanjaro Vol. 2 (PolJazz, 1978)
- Violin (Vanguard, 1978) with Oregon
- We'll Remember Zbiggy (Mood, 1979)
- Passion - The Zbigniew Seifert Documentary
- Rare Interview with Zbigniew Seifert. Retrieved on 2006-05-19.
- Biography for Zbigniew Seifert at All Music Guide