born on 21/10/1952 in New York City, NY, United States
Ali Ryerson (born 21 October 1952 in New York City) is a flutist with a background in both classical and jazz, as well as being an instructor. She has performed and toured worldwide with a wide range of artists including Billy Taylor, Kenny Barron, Stephane Grappelli, Frank Wess, Red Rodney, Laurindo Almeida, Art Farmer, Maxine Sullivan, Roy Haynes, and (as principal flutist with the Monterey Bay Symphony) with Luciano Pavarotti. She has also released numerous albums under her own name, as well as duo recordings with noted guitarist Joe Beck.
Ryerson has toured the U.S., Canada, Europe, Japan and Africa, and has performed in many major jazz festivals, including the Monterey Jazz Festival, the JVC Jazz Festival in New York, Guinness Festival in Scotland, Edinburgh Festival in Scotland, and Carnegie Hall.
- 1991: Blue Flute (Red Baron)
- 1993: I'll Be Back (Red Baron)
- 1994: Portraits in Silver (Concord Jazz)
- 1995: In Her Own Sweet Way (Concord Jazz)
- 1997: Brasil: Quiet Devotion (Concord Jazz)
- 2003: Broadway – West Side Story (Stanza)
- 2003: Music from West Side Story (Stanza)
- 2005: Soul Quest (Pa-Ct)
- 2008: Jammin' at the Jazz Corner (Sweet Jazz)
- 2011: Con Brio (ACR)
- 2013: Game Changer (Capri)
- Official Site
- Jazz Live interview on YouTube