born in 1960 in Castelfranco Veneto, Veneto, Italy
Mario Brunello is an Italian cellist and musician. The turning point in his artistic life was the 1986 victory of the International Tchaikovsky Competition
Life and career
Origins and musical beginnings
Mario Brunello, born in Castelfranco Veneto (Treviso - Italy) 1960, is an Italian cellist. He studied under the guide of Adriano Vendramelli (Venice Conservatorio of music) and of Antonio Janigro. In 1986 he was awarded the first prize at the International Tchaikovsky Competition (Moscow) in the cello section. - ex equo with Kirill Rodin (Russia then USSR).
Since then Brunello has played with the most important orchestras in the world: London Philharmonic, Royal Philharmonic, Munich Philharmonic, Philadelphia Orchestra, Orchestre National de France, NHK Symphony Orchestra (Tokyo), Scala Philharmonic Orchestra, Santa Cecilia, only to name a few, and under conductors such as Valery Gergiev, Zubin Mehta, Riccardo Muti, Yuri Temirkanov, Riccardo Chailly, Ton Koopman, Seiji Ozawa, Daniele Gatti, Myung-Whun Chung and Claudio Abbado.
As a chamber musician Brunello has performed with artists such as Gidon Kremer, Martha Argerich, Frank Peter Zimmermann, Yuri Bashmet, Maurizio Pollini, Andrea Lucchesini, Valery Afanassiev and the Borodin and Alban Berg Quartets.
He is Artistic Director of the International String Quartet Competition Premio Paolo Borciani and of the Reggio Emilia String Quartet Festival.
Orchestra d'Archi Italiana
In 1994, Brunello founded the "Orchestra d'Archi Italiana" (Italian String Orchiestra) starting a double performing activities as a conductor in addition to that of soloist and touring in many European countries.
Brunello plays a Maggini cello (17th century) which, in the 20th century, belonged to Benedetto Mazzacurati and then to Franco Rossi, cellist of the "Quartetto Italiano".
- 2010 - Mario Brunello - Bach - sei suites a violoncello solo senza basso - brunello series EGEA - Recorded at Auditorium Santa Cecilia - Perugia -Italy - 2009.
- 2009 - Mario Brunello - cello / Andrea Lucchesini - piano - Lekeu Sonata for cello and piano in F major - Schubert Sonata for Arpeggione and piano in A minor D.821 - brunello series EGEA - Recorded at Auditorium Scuola Comunale Chiappano (Vicenza) -Italy -2004
- 2009 - Mario Brunello - Antonio Vivaldi - CONCERTI PER VIOLONCELLO - brunello series EGEA
- 2009 - Mario Brunello - VIOLONCELLO AND - brunello series - Recorded at Chiesa Monastica del Monastero di Bose (Italia) 25-27 Ottobre 2004
- 2008 - Mario Brunello / orchestra d'archi italiana - Odusia - brunello series - Recorded at Auditorium Santa Cecilia - Perugia -Italy
- 2002 - XRCD2 Mario Brunello Alone (JVC) Sollima - Ligeti - Casado
- Artists Management Company Mario Brunello
This article uses material from the article Mario Brunello from the free encyclopedia Wikipedia and it is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.