born on 8/3/1961 in London, England, United Kingdom
Mark Padmore is a British tenor appearing in concerts, recitals, and opera.
Born in London 8 March 1961, and raised in Canterbury, Kent in England. Padmore studied clarinet and piano prior to his gaining a choral scholarship to King's College, Cambridge. He graduated in 1982 with an honours degree in music.
He was first recognised as a singer with potential by William Christie and Philippe Herreweghe, with whom he sang several pieces written by Bach. His operatic experience is well-rounded and extensive, performing roles in such operas as Don Giovanni, Jephtha, and Platée. He has performed at various festivals, including the Edinburgh Festival and the Festival d'Aix-en-Provence.
- Artist's website, accessed 25 January 2010
- Management webpage, accessed 25 January 2010
- Mark Padmore at the Internet Movie Database
- New York Times review by Steve Smith (February 26, 2009), accessed 25 January 2010
- Classical Archives Interview