born on 13/12/1945 in Israel
Pinchas Steinberg (born 13 December 1945 in New York City) is an Israeli conductor. He was a violin student in the USA and a composition student in Berlin. He studied Conducting in Milano with Antonino Votto. His conducting debut was in 1974 with the RIAS Symphony Orchestra, Berlin. He was a regular guest conductor with the Vienna State Opera from 1986-1993. His guest conducting appearances in opera included a 1979 performance of L'amore dei tre Re at the 1979 Wexford Festival and a 1981 production of Luisa Miller at the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden.
- Kurtz Myers: Index to record reviews 1984–1987. G.K. Hall, Boston, Ma. 1989.
- Alain Pâris: Dictionnaire des interpretes et de l'interpretation musicale au XX siecle. Robert Laffont, Paris 1989.
- Forbes, Elizabeth, "Festivals: Wexford" (December 1979). The Musical Times, 120 (1642): pp. 1027-1028.
- Budden, Julian, "Music in London" (Opera: Luisa Miller) (August 1981). The Musical Times, 122 (1662): pp. 544-547.
- Pinchas Steinberg Official website
- Profile from ICM Artists' website
- Biography (in German)