born on 17/3/1967
Links www.bayerische.staatsoper.de (German)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Ann Hallenberg, born 1967, is a Swedish mezzosoprano.
- Recital - Arias for Marietta Marcolini, Rossini's first muse, Stavanger Symphony Orchestra, Fabio Biondi
- Brahms Alto Rhapsody. Philippe Herreweghe, Phi.
- Franz Waxman, Joshua. James Sedares, DG.
- Vivaldi Il Farnace, Diego Fasolis, Virgin Classics.
- Vivaldi Orlando furioso (Vivaldi), Christophe Spinosi, Naive.
- Handel Imeneo, Capella Augustina, Andreas Spering. cpo 2002
- Handel Tolomeo, Alan Curtis, DG.
- Handel Ariodante Il Complesso Barocco, Alan Curtis
- Handel Serse
- Opera - Volume 54 Page 555 2003 "The Swedish mezzo Ann Hallenberg was a rather severe, Ibsen-esque Charlotte, concentrating on plummy fullness of tone at the expense of words. At least she was allowed to sing the 'Air des Lettres' (brilliantly conducted by Fournillier) ..."
- BBC music magazine - Volume 15 Page 84 British Broadcasting Corporation - 2006 "... awkwardly broken up, while Maximilian Schell is oddly quiet and inward in declaiming what could be a much fierier text. Rod Gilfry is a virile tenor soloist as both Moses and Joshua, but Ann Hallenberg is outstanding in the part of the harlot ..."
- The gramophone - Volume 82 Page 97 2004 "Philippe Jaroussky's Ruggerio is adept at both delicacy and heroism, and his 'Sol da te, mio dolce amore', conveying the enchantment as Ruggiero gazes at Alcina, is beautifully done. Ann Hallenberg is excellent as his fiancee Bradamante, ..."
- The Penguin guide to recorded music - Page 524 Ivan March, Edward Greenfield, Robert Layton - 2008 "Tolomeo, a drama per musica, written in 1728, may not be well known but it has many fine numbers. Ann Hallenberg is warm and firm in the title-role.."
This page was last modified 17.05.2013 08:07:48