born on 6/5/1932 in Klagenfurt, Kärnten, Austria
died on 3/1/2018 in Antwerpen, Vlaanderen, Belgium
Konrad Ragossnig is a classical guitarist and lutenist.
He was born in Klagenfurt, Austria, in 1932. He taught at City of Basel Music Academy, University of Music and Performing Arts, Vienna and The University of Zurich. He is editor of several books on guitar music such as "Step by step. Basics of Guitar technique in 60 classical and romantic studies", Mainz 2007 and "Guitar Concert Collection", Mainz 2008.
- 1964 : L'anthologie de la guitare (Schubert - Mendelssohn - Guiliani - Sor). RCA Victor. 430.159
- 1974 : Concertos pour guitare du XVIIIe siècle (Fasch - Krebs - Vivaldi). Vox Musicalis. VOX 35050
Decorations and awards
- 1961: First Prize at the Concours International de Guitare in Paris
- 1984: Merit Award of Carinthia
- 1992: Grand Gold Decoration of Carinthia
- 1993: Medal of the city of Vienna
- 1994: Cultural Award of Carinthia
- 1998: Grand Decoration of Honour in Silver for Services to the Republic of Austria
- 2003: Austrian Cross of Honour for Science and Art, 1st class