born on 9/10/1978 in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Andrea McEwan (born 9 October 1978) is an Australian actress, singer, musician and songwriter.
After attending MacRobertson Girls' High School in Melbourne, McEwan started acting, appearing in several television series including Ocean Girl and Funky Squad. In 1991 she was nominated for a Gladys Moncrieff Award for "Outstanding New Talent" by the Music Theatre Guild of Victoria after her performance in Annie. McEwan has also appeared several times in the soap opera Neighbours. Her first role as Sonia came in 1989, then in 1991 she played Sarah Livingston, this was followed by Nicole Cahill in 1995. She played Penny Watts in 2002.
In 2000, McEwan studied at NIDA where she completed a Bachelor's degree in dramatic arts. McEwan moved to the United Kingdom in the 2000s and in 2005 she appeared in Coronation Street where she played Lisa Ditchfield.
After moving to the UK, McEwan started singing and song writing professionally and in 2006 was signed to Mike Batt's Dramatico record label. In 2007, McEwan collaborated with Katie Melua, writing lyrics for What I Miss About You and Dirty Dice which appeared on Melua's third album, "Pictures". Andrea toured the UK in late 2008 supporting Katie Melua. The eleven UK arena shows began on 29 October at Nottingham Arena and concluded on 11 November at the Brighton Centre.
In 2008 she released a three track E.P., "Candle in a Chatroom" featuring the songs "Candle in a Chatroom", "Black Socks in the Wash" and "Fast Train". She released the second single (called "Alibi") at the beginning of April.
Her debut album "Rental Property" released at end of May 2009 by Dramatico Entertainment Ltd.
Now she is living in Berlin and haves her own blog called "Berlin Love Story" talking about her new life at this European capital.
- 1991-2002: Neighbours
- 1994: Ocean Girl
- 1994-2002: Blue Heelers
- 1995: Funky Squad
- 2001: All Saints (TV series)
- 2001: BeastMaster (TV series)
- 2001-2002: McLeod's Daughters
- 2003: CrashBurn
- 2004: The Secret Life Of Us
- 2005: Coronation Street
- 1.0 1.1 Kilkelly, Daniel (12 March 2005). Sally to face new love rival on Corrie. Digital Spy. Hachette Filipacchi UK. Retrieved on 21 July 2011.
- 2.0 2.1 Dramatico biography
- "What I Miss About You" lyric and credits
- "Dirty Dice" lyric and credits
- Maclean, Liezl, Andrea McEwan is a brazen romantic, Australian Times. URL accessed on 15 October 2008.
- Andrea McEwan's Official website at Andrea's Blog 30/1/09
- Andrea McEwan's MySpace
- Official website
- Personal Blog of Andrea McEwan about living in Berlin
- Andrea McEwan at MySpace
- Andrea McEwan at the Internet Movie Database
- Andrea McEwan songwriting connection
- (european) Andrea McEwan FanSite
- Andrea McEwan French FanSite