born on 7/10/1983 in Seattle, WA, United States
Aaron Parks (born October 7, 1983, in Seattle, Washington) is a jazz pianist.
Parks studied at the University of Washington at the age of 14 through the Transition School and Early Entrance Program as a double major in computer science and music. At 15 he was selected to participate in the GRAMMY High School Jazz Ensembles which inspired him to move to New York City and transfer to the Manhattan School of Music. During his final year he began touring with Terence Blanchard's band, recording three albums with him for Blue Note Records, including the Grammy-winning A Tale of God's Will (A Requiem for Katrina). Parks has also toured with Kurt Rosenwinkel and has recorded for Blue Note Records. He is a member of James Farm, a quartet featuring saxophonist Joshua Redman, bassist Matt Penman, and drummer Eric Harland.
Parks can be heard on the soundtracks to Their Eyes Were Watching God and Spike Lee films including Inside Man, She Hate Me, and When the Levees Broke.
- Jas Hennessy Piano Solo Competition at Montreux (Third Place)
- Cole Porter Fellow of the American Pianists Association (First Place)
- Thelonious Monk International Jazz Piano Competition (Third Place)
- The Promise (1999)
- First Romance (2000)
- The Wizard (2001)
- Shadows (2002)
- Invisible Cinema (2008, Blue Note Records)
- Alive in Japan (2013)
- Arborescence (2013, ECM)
- Find the Way (2017, ECM)
- Bounce (2003) - Terence Blanchard
- Flow (2005) - Terence Blanchard
- On My Way Back Home (2005) - Daisuke Abe
- Ebb and Flow (2005) - Andrew Neff
- Short Songs (EP) (2006) - Amanda Baisinger
- Casually Introducing Walter Smith III (2006) - Walter Smith III
- Lucid Dream (2006) - Patrick Cornelius
- A Tale of God's Will (A Requiem for Katrina) (2007) - Terence Blanchard
- Night Songs (2007) - Ferenc Nemeth
- Between the Lines (2007) - Mike Moreno
- The Source (2007) - Kendrick Scott
- Anthem (2007) - Christian Scott
- Catch of the Day (2008) - Matt Penman
- Prelude... to Cora (2008) - Ambrose Akinmusire
- Promises (2008) - Will Vinson
- Triptych (2008) - Justin Vasquez
- Dear Someone"' (2009) - Anders Christensen
- In a Dream (2009) - Gretchen Parlato
- Stockholm Syndrome (2010) - Will Vinson
- First In Mind (2011) - Mike Moreno
- Dreams Come True (2011) - CANT
- Unison (2012) - Maria Neckam
- Star of Jupiter (2012) - Kurt Rosenwinkel
- Today is Tomorrow (2012) - Dayna Stephens
- Secret Love (2012) - Sara Leib
- Lua ya (ECM, 2013) - Yeahwon Shin
- Foolhardy (2013) - Lage Lund
- Live at Smalls (2013) - Will Vinson
- Metamorepho (2013) - Matteo Sabattini
- Reminiscent (2015) - Dayna Stephens
- Wood (2016) - Francesco Ciniglio
- A Door (2016) - Joonsam
- The Unquiet Sky (2016) - Albert Vila
- James Farm (2011) - with Joshua Redman, Matt Penman, Eric Harland
- City Folk (2014) - with Joshua Redman, Matt Penman, Eric Harland
- Duets in June (2015) - with Thomas Maintz
- Storytelling (2015) - with Christian Vuust
- Diwan of Beauty and Odd (2016) - with Dhafer Youssef
- Collar Matt. "Biography: Aaron Parks". Allmusic. Retrieved 4 April 2010.
- GRAMMY.com Archived 2007-12-08 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Aaron Parks". Blue Note. Retrieved 29 July 2013.
- "James Farm". Nonesuch. Retrieved 29 July 2013.