born on 5/6/1965 in Issy-les-Moulineaux, Île-de-France, France
Sandrine Piau (born 5 June 1965) is a French opera soprano.
Born in Issy-les-Moulineaux, she originally trained as a harpist, she studied voice at the Collège Lamartine and the Conservatoire National Supérieur de Musique du Paris. She is best known for her roles in Baroque opera, having worked with William Christie at the Aix-en-Provence Festival.
She collaborated with many of the leading European conductors of the Baroque revival, including Marc Minkowski, Philippe Herreweghe, Paul McCreesh, Alan Curtis, Christophe Rousset, René Jacobs, and Fabio Biondi. She took part in the project of Ton Koopman and the Amsterdam Baroque Orchestra & Choir to record the complete vocal works of Johann Sebastian Bach.
She was named a Chevalier de l'Ordre des Arts et des Lettres in 2006 by the French government.
Concert works and operas
- Les Indes galantes by Rameau conducted by William Christie (1992) Harmonia Mundi
- Castor & Pollux by Rameau conducted by William Christie (1993) Harmonia Mundi
- L'impatience cantata by Rameau, Solistes de l'Ensemble Baroque de Limoges (1994) FNAC/Radio France
- Messiah by Handel, conducted by William Christie (1994) Harmonia Mundi
- Les Fêtes de Paphos by Mondonville conducted by Christophe Rousset (1997) Polygram
- King Arthur by Purcell conducted by William Christie (1995) Erato
- Arie e duette d’amore by Handel with Gloria Banditelli, contralto, Europa Galante conducted by Fabio Biondi (1996) Opus
- Rodrigo by Handel, conducted by Alan Curtis (1999) EMI
- Motets by Couperin conducted by Christophe Rousset (1999) EMI
- Mitridate by Mozart, conducted by Christophe Rousset (1999) Decca
- Zaide by Mozart, conducted by Tom Koopman (2002) Brilliant
- Cendrillon by Pauline Viardot, conducted by Nicholas Kok (2000) Opera Rara
- Serse by Handel, conducted by William Christie (2004) Virgin Classics
- Aci, Galatea e Polifemo by Handel, conducted by Emmanuelle Haim (2004) Virgin Classics
- J. S. Bach: Cantatas, Vol. 15-22 by Bach, conducted by Ton Koopman (2005) Challenge Classics
- La Grande-Duchesse de Gérolstein by Offenbach, conducted by Marc Minkowski (2005) Virgin Classics
- Great Mass in C minor, K. 427 by Mozart, conducted by Emmanuel Krivine (2005) Naïve
- The Seven Last Words of Christ by Haydn, conducted by Laurence Equilbey (2006) Naïve
- In Furore, Laudate Pueri, Concerti Sacri by Antonio Vivaldi, conducted by Ottavio Dantone (2006) Naïve
- Les Illuminations by Britten, conducted by Thomas Zehetmair (2009) NMC
- Opera Arias by Mozart, conducted by Gottfried von der Goltz (2002) Astrée
- Mélodies by Debussy with Jos Van Immerseel, piano (2002 and 2003) Naïve
- Opera Seria arias by Handel, conducted by Christophe Rousset (2005) Naïve
- Arie d'Opera by Vivaldi, conducted by Federico Sardelli (2005) Naïve
- Évocation, songs by Chausson, Strauss, Debussy, Zemlinsky, Koechlin, with Susan Manoff, piano (2007) Naïve
- Between Heaven & Earth, oratorio arias by Handel, conducted by Stefano Montanari (2009) Naïve
- Après un Rêve, songs by Fauré, Poulenc, Britten. Susan Manoff, piano (2011) Naïve
- Le Triomphe de L'amour, French baroque arias, Les Paladins conducted by Jérôme Correas (2012) Naïve
- Mozart: Desperate Heroines, Mozarteum Orchestra Salzburg conducted by Ivor Bolton (2014) Naïve
- "IMG Artistes- Sandrine Piau".
- Official website
- Management page
- Radio France bio
- Barnes and Noble profile