born on 11/8/1971 in Tel Aviv, Tel-Aviv District, Israel
Links www.sharonkam.com (English, German)
Sharon Kam (born 11 August 1971 in Israel) is a classical clarinetist. Notably, she won the ARD International Music Competition in 1992. In 1991 she was also nominated for the Davidoff Prize.
Sharon Kam is one of the leading clarinet soloists in the world. She is a graduate of the Juilliard School of Music, where she studied with Charles Neidich. She made her orchestral debut at the age of 16 with Israel Philharmonic and conductor Zubin Mehta, later performed with such orchestras as the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, Berlin Philharmonic, London Symphony Orchestra, and Leipzig Gewandhaus Orchestra. In 1998 she was awarded the German ECHO Klassik "Instrumentalist of the Year" award for her recording of Carl Maria von Weber's clarinet concertos and again in 2006, for her CD with the Leipzig Radio Orchestra featuring works by Spohr, Weber, Rossini and Mendelssohn.
- The Romantic Clarinet (Rietz: Klarinettenkonzert op. 29, Bruch: Konzert für Klarinette, Viola & Orchester op. 88, Weber: Klarinettenquintett op. 34 arr. für Streichorchester) 2007.
- Mozart Gala From Prague / Clarinet Concerto (Don Giovanni: Overture, K.527, Concerto for Clarinet and Orchestra in A major, K.622, Symphony No.38 in D major, K.504 "Prague") 2006.
- Works for Clarinet and Orchestra (Mendelssohn: Two Concert pieces for Clarinet, basset-horn and Orchestra, op. 113 and op.114, Spohr: Concerto Nr. 4 in e minor, Weber: Concertino op. 26, Rossini: Introduction, Theme and Variations) 2005.
- Sharon Kam - Artist Portrait 2003.
- American Classic (Copland: Concerto for clarinet, Bernstein: Prelude, Fugue and Riffs, Gould: Derivations for clarinet and Band, Shaw: Concerto for clarinet, Gershwin: Summertime, They All Laughed, The Man I Love, I Got Rhythm) 2002.
- Mozart and Krommer Concertos (Mozart- Clarinet Concerto, Krommer- Clarinet Concerto)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sharon Kam.|