born on 27/5/1954
died on 12/2/2009 in Buffalo, NY, United States
Coleman Mellett (May 27, 1974 February 12, 2009) was an American jazz guitarist in Chuck Mangione's band. He had been scheduled to play with Mangione and the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra on February 13, 2009, but was killed the night before in the crash of Colgan Air Flight 3407 together with fellow band member Gerry Niewood. He was 34.
Mellett lived in East Brunswick Township, New Jersey, with his wife, jazz singer Jeanie Bryson, daughter of Dizzy Gillespie.
Mellett joined Mangione's band in 1999. In 2007 he released his first solo album Natural High.
- Publicist: 2 Mangione musicians die in plane crash
- Stewart, Zan. "Guitarist Mellett loves its versatility", The Star-Ledger, May 15, 2008. Accessed February 13, 2011. "Performing with Glen Ridge-based Niewood, especially in an intimate trio, is a prime situation, says Mellett, who lives in East Brunswick with his wife, singer Jeanie Bryson."
- Vogel, Charity, Passengers and crew aboard Flight 3407: Their stories, Buffalo News, 2009-02-14. URL accessed on 2009-02-14.
- Coleman Mellet on MySpace
- Mellett's Natural High at CD Baby
- Coleman Mellett at Allmusic
This article uses material from the article Coleman Mellett from the free encyclopedia Wikipedia and it is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.