born on 28/7/1955 in Philadelphia, PA, United States
Gerald Veasley (born July 28, 1955) is an American jazz bass guitarist.
Veasley was born and raised in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, where he played in R&B groups as a teenager. He worked with Joe Zawinul from 1988 to 1995, and began releasing his own records in 1992. He has also done extensive work as a studio musician. His 2008 release Your Move hit No. 12 on the U.S. Billboard Top Contemporary Jazz Albums chart.
Veasley has also worked as a smooth jazz DJ on WJJZ in Philadelphia.
- Look Ahead (Heads Up International, 1992)
- Signs (Heads Up, 1996)
- Soul Control (Heads Up, 1997)
- Love Letters (Heads Up, 1999)
- On the Fast Track (Heads Up, 2001)
- Velvet (Heads Up, 2003)
- At the Jazz Base! (Heads Up, 2005)
- Your Move (Heads Up, 2008)
- Mingus Project (Heads Up, 2011)
With The Odean Pope Saxophone Choir
- The Saxophone Shop (Soul Note, 1985)
- The Ponderer (Soul Note, 1990)
- Reverie - Featuring Larry Coryell (EAR, 1980)
- Watch the Skies (EAR, 1986)
- Reverie - In Concert (EAR, 1989)
- Tunnel Vision (EAR, 1991)
- Places - Mark Knox (Dreambox Media, 2006)
- Levine, Doug (1 August 2008). "Jazz Bassist Gerald Veasley's Patience Pays Off". VOA News. Voice of America. Archived from the original on 1 December 2008. Retrieved 3 January 2009.
- Chart Positions, Allmusic.com
- Official website
- Interview with Gerald Veasley - Part one, 10/01/2007
- Interview with Gerald Veasley - Part Two, 12/01/2007