Banca dati musicale
See Siang Wong
nato il 7.5.1979 a Arnheim, Gelderland, Paesi Bassi
Links www.seesiangwong.com (Inglese, Tedesco)
See Siang Wong
|See Siang Wong|
See Siang Wong (Chinese: pinyin: huáng xù yáng, born May 7, 1979 in Arnhem, Netherlands) is a Dutch/Chinese pianist. He currently lives in Switzerland.
See Siang Wong studied in the Netherlands with Marjès Benoist and in Switzerland with the pianists Homero Francesch and Bruno Canino. He made his debut at the mere age of twelve, accompanied by the Dutch Radio Orchestra.
See Siang Wong has given concerts in more than 30 countries throughout Europe, Asia, the Americas, the Middle East and Australia. He has performed with conductors like Pierre Boulez (Webern Konzert, Berio O King, Boulez Dérive I at the Lucerne Festival), Ralf Weikert (Mozart piano concerto No. 23 KV 488), Howard Griffiths (Mozart piano concerto No. 12 KV 414). He has appeared at famous concert halls in Amsterdam (Concertgebouw), London (St. Martin-in-the-Fields), Zurich (Tonhalle), Lucerne (KKL), Paris (Salle Olivier Messiaen), Budapest (Marble Hall), Prague (Vila Bertramka), St. Petersburg (Philharmonic Hall), Bogotá (Luis Ángel Arango). He is regularly invited to perform at international festivals.
Next to his classical repertoire (emphasis on Mozart, Chopin, Schumann and Debussy) See Siang Wong has a broad repertoire in contemporary music. He has often performed piano works of contemporary composers like Arnold Schönberg, Luciano Berio, György Ligeti, György Kurtág, Wolfgang Rihm, Peter Eötvös, Emmanuel Nunes, Marco Stroppa, James Dillon, Jonathan Harvey, Rudolf Kelterborn. In 2008 he initiated the Project "Swiss Piano", in which he is promoting the creation of new piano works. Many famous and young Swiss composers have contributed to this project already and dedicated piano pieces to him (like Daniel Fueter, Hans Ulrich Lehmann, Laurent Mettraux, Isabel Mundry, Jürg Wyttenbach, Gérard Zinsstag, Alfred Zimmerlin).
On the Decca Label (Universal Music Group) See Siang Wong has released six albums (Frédéric Chopin: Waltzes and Nocturnes, Claude Debussy: Early piano works, Mozart: Piano Sonatas, Schumann: Piano Works, Beethoven: Piano Sonatas, Haydn/Mozart: Piano Concertos). In 2012 he released his first album on the RCA Red Seal Label (Sony Classical) with Piano Works of Franz Schubert. His Chopin, Mozart, Schumann and Schumann/Beethoven "Piano Concertos" (Novalis) Recordings were honoured by Swiss Radio with a "Classic Highlight" Award. Other recordings has been published by Deutsche Grammophon and several "independent" Labels.
See Siang Wong teaches at the Zurich University of the Arts since 2002. He gives Masterclasses in Switzerland and abroad. He is an exclusive Steinway & Sons-Artist.
- FRANZ SCHUBERT: PIANO WORKS Impromptus D 899, op. 90 / Sonata in A Major D 664 / Allegretto in C Minor D 915 / Hungarian Melody D 817 / German Dance D 366/4 RCA 88765445962
- PIANO DUETS: Works of Liste, Schäuble, Honegger, Martin GUILD 7370
- SWISS PIANO: Swiss Contemporary Piano Pieces ZHDK Records 23-10
- HAYDN/MOZART: Piano Concerto in D Major / Piano Concerto No. 12 in A Major K 414 DECCA 476 4183
- LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN: Piano Sonatas: Pathétique / Mondschein / Waldstein / Andante Favori / Für Elise DECCA 476 3860.
- ROBERT SCHUMANN: Piano Concerto A-Minor, op. 54 / LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN: Piano Concerto No. 6 op. 61a (Piano Arrangement of the Violin Concerto) NOVALIS 150 194-2
- ROBERT SCHUMANN: Papillons Carnaval Kinderszenen Arabeske DECCA 179 7344
- WOLFGANG AMADEUS MOZART: Piano Concerto No. 21 in C Major, K467 / LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN Piano Concerto No. 3 in C Minor, op. 37 NOVALIS 150 191-2
- WOLFGANG AMADEUS MOZART: PIANO SONATAS K283, K330, K331, K570 DECCA 476 6756
- OLIVIER MESSIAEN: Oiseaux Exotiques ZHDK-Records-01/08
- EMMANUEL NUNES: Litanies du feu et de la mer I & II RUDOLF KELTERBORN Klavierstücke 1-6 GUILD GMCD 7318
- CLAUDE DEBUSSY: EARLY PIANO WORKS Arabesques, Rêverie, Ballade, Suite Bergamasque, Pour le Piano, Mazurka, Valse Romantique, Estampes DECCA 476 312-2
- FRÉDÉRIC CHOPIN: WALTZES & NOCTURNES Grande Valse brillante, Waltz op.34, op. posth. 64 Nr.1 & 2, op. posth. 69 Nr. 1 & 2, op. posth. 70 Nr. 2, Nocturne op.9, op.15, op.37, op.55, op. posth. DECCA 476 307-5
- THE RADIO SWISS CLASSIC COLLECTION VOL. 5: Chopin Nocturnes op.9 DEUTSCHE GRAMMOPHON 480 043-0
- THE INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL OF ARTS ST. PETERSBURG: Piano music of Louis Durey, Arthur Honegger, Francis Poulenc, Germaine Tailleferre FOA-CD1
- THE RADIO SWISS CLASSIC COLLECTION VOL. 4: Debussy Valse Romantique Deutsche Grammophon 442 881-6
- KLASSIEKE MUZIEK: Piano music of Joseph Haydn SMA 97-01
- SOLO VOOR EEN KIND Mozart: Piano concerto No. 8, KV 248 ROSE RECORDS RCD F24
- JAZZ MEETS IMPRESSIONISM: Works for flute and piano by Astor Piazzolla, George Gershwin, Claude Debussy, Luiz Bonfa, Carl Nielsen, Mike Mower Duo Oblivion 001
- GIOACCHINO ROSSINI PETITE MESSE SOLONELLE: Liverpool Records DMR 638-1
- DER WEIHNACHTSABEND: (Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens) Graham F. Valentine, Sprechtheater (2003)
- NELLO SANTI: Piano Works of Hans von Bülow Kranich Verlag, Zürich ISBN 3-909194-6-0