nato il 15.11.1913 a Tyler, TX, Stati Uniti d'America
morto il 6.2.2000 a Westminster, CO, Stati Uniti d'America
Links www.jazzhouse.org (Inglese)
Gus Johnson (jazz musician)
|Gus Johnson (jazz musician)|
Gus Johnson (November 15, 1913 – February 6, 2000) was the drummer in various jazz bands, including that of Jay McShann for many years. In the 1960s he played for saxophonist Gerry Mulligan and accompanied singer Ella Fitzgerald in her 1960 concert in Berlin. He is memorialized in the Medeski Martin & Wood song "Whatever Happened to Gus."
With Manny Albam
- Jazz Goes to the Movies (Impulse!, 1962)
With Count Basie and the Kansas City 8
- Get Together (Pablo, 1979)
With Lawrence Brown
- Inspired Abandon (Impulse!, 1965)
With Coleman Hawkins
- Night Hawk (Swingville, 1960)
With Willis Jackson
- Really Groovin' (Prestige, 1961)
- In My Solitude (Moodsville, 1961)
With Chico O'Farrill
- Nine Flags (Impulse!, 1966)
With Ralph Sutton and Ruby Braff
- Remembered (DVD) (Arbors Records, 2004)
Questo articolo si basa sull'articolo Gus Johnson (jazz musician) dell'enciclopedia liber Wikipedia ed è sottoposto a LICENZA GNU per documentazione libera.
In Wikipedia è disponibile una lista degli autori.