Date de naissance 5.1.1950 à Bridgeport, CT, Etats-Unis d Amérique
Art Baron (born January 5, 1950 in Bridgeport, Connecticut) is an American jazz trombonist. He also plays didgeridoo, conch shell, penny-whistle, alto and bass recorder, and tuba.
Baron is an alumnus of the Berklee College of Music. He joined the Duke Ellington band in August 1973, at the age of 23, during the last year Ellington led the band, and was the last trombonist Ellington ever hired. He leads The Duke's Men, a band made up of Duke Ellington band alumni. He has performed and/or recorded with Buddy Rich, Bruce Springsteen, Lou Reed, Stevie Wonder, James Taylor, Illinois Jacquet, Sam Eckhardt, Roswell Rudd, Mel Tormé, Charlie Musselwhite, Andy Harlow, Fontella Bass, Sam Rivers, Glen Velez, John Tchicai, Wilber Morris, Alan Silva, George Gruntz, Joey DeFrancesco, Bobby Watson, Elliott Sharp, Annea Lockwood, Matt Glaser, and Cyro Baptista.
Baron lives in New York City.
- Alice Babs: Far Away Star (Blueball, 197376)
- Duke Ellington: Continuum (Fantasy, 197475)
- Joey DeFrancesco: Where Were You? (Columbia, 1990)
- George Gruntz Concert Jazz Band: Blues ´N´ Dues Et Cetera (Enja, 1991), Beyond Another Wall (TCB, 192), Merryteria (TCB, 1998)
- Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra: Portraits Of Ellington (Columbia, 1991)
- Hal Willner Presents: Weird Nightmare: Meditations on Mingus (Columbia, 1992)
- Mingus Big Band: Nostalgia in Time Square (Deyfus, 1993)
- David Sanborn: Another Hand (Elektra, 1990), Upfront (Elektra, 1991)
- Alan Silva: Alan Silva & The Sound Visions Orchestra (Eremite, 1999)
- Peggy Stern: Actual Size (Koch, 1998)
- Frank Wess: Entre Vous (Concord, 1990)
- The New York Composers Orchestra: Music Of Marty Ehrlich, Robin Holcomb, Wayne Horwitz, Doug Wieselman (New World Rec., 1990), First Program In Standard Time (New World, 199092)
- Bruce Springsteen: Wrecking Ball (Columbia, 2012)