Links www.myspace.com (English)
- See also: C. Everett Koop
Koop is an electronic jazz duo from Sweden, consisting of Magnus Zingmark and Oscar Simonsson.
Koop won a Swedish Grammy Award in 2003 for the album "Waltz for Koop", and received a Gold certification for sales of their most recent album, Koop Islands. Their orchestrated sound is achieved by slowly putting together thousands of small clips from records until the songs are ready, which helps explain the long time it takes to make a Koop album. Vocals have been provided by singers such as Ane Brun, Yukimi Nagano, Hilde Louise Asbjornsen, Rob Gallagher and Mikael Sundin.
In 2007, their song "Koop Island Blues" was featured in a trailer for the videogame World in Conflict called "Destruction Blues". It was later featured as the loading screen music in game. In 2009, it made its return in World in Conflict: Soviet Assault trailer called "Destruction Blues II". In 2009, "Koop Island Blues" was featured in American TV show So You Think You Can Dance. The song 'Strange Love' was also featured in a commercial for Coca Cola. Also in the same year, their song "Koop Island Blues" was featured as the intro music for the video game The Saboteur released by Electronic Arts for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC in 2009.
- Sons of Koop, 1997
- Waltz for Koop, 2001
- Koop Islands, 2006
- Coup de Grâce (Best of Koop 1997-2007), 2010
Also appear on
- Beginner's Guide to Scandinavia, 2011 (Nascente/Demon Music Group)
- Official Website
- Koop Islands Website
- Interview on I Like Music (2006)
- Interview with Deathrockstar (2007)
- Koop Interview - Interviewed Backstage in New York City on Tour For "Koop Islands"
- Micro Site for Koop Islands
- Koop - Koop Island Blues on YouTube