Shout Out Louds
Links www.shoutoutlouds.com (English)
Shout Out Louds
|Shout Out Louds|
|Genres|| Indie pop
|Labels|| Bud Fox (Sweden)
Merge (United States)
Weekender Records (UK)
Dew Process (Australia/New Zealand)
| Eric Edman
Carl von Arbin
Shout Out Louds are an indie rock band from Stockholm, Sweden.
The band's original name was Luca Brasi but changed their name when they found out that another band had already used the name. All members have been friends since they were young. The band has toured extensively throughout the world in support of their debut album Howl Howl Gaff Gaff. Their second album, Our Ill Wills, has been released in Sweden and debuted in North America on September 11, 2007. They have also released several videos from their various singles, the majority of which were featured on either TV Guide's "M-Vids" or AOL's Music on Demand services. The band's third album, Work, was released on February 23, 2010.
- They were featured in the arts section of The New York Times in November 2005.
- They have toured with bands such as The Strokes, Kings of Leon, Secret Machines, The Dears, The Magic Numbers, The Rosebuds, The Sun, The Essex Green, Johnossi, and Nico Vega.
- Bass player Ted Malmros won a Grammis (the Swedish version of the Grammy Awards) for directing the Peter Bjorn and John video Young Folks.
- They were featured in the charity concert in the TV show One Tree Hill with their song "Please Please Please," which is also on the One Tree Hill - Volume II: Friends with Benefit sampler. The incoming profits went straight to The National Breast Cancer Foundation.
- Wish I Was Dead and Go Sadness was featured in the popular tv-series The OC
- The Comeback was featured in MLB 06 the show. It was the Ratatat remix.
- Bebban Stenborg sang the female vocal at Coachella 2007 for Peter Bjorn and John's Young Folks
- The band covered the Pogues song, Streams of Whiskey, in their 2007 EP, Tonight I Have To Leave It.
- James Fearnley and Spider Stacy from the Pogues, joins the band on stage performing Streams of Whiskey in November 2007 at the Henry Fonda Theater in LA
- James Fearnley also joined the band on stage to perform Streams of Whiskey at the band's Coachella 2008 performance.
- The 2008 Film What Happens in Vegas... features the song "Tonight I Have To Leave It" during the film as well as on its soundtrack.
- In the 2008 Film Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, the song "Very Loud" was featured in advertisements for the film and is also found on its soundtrack.
- The third Shout Out Louds album, Work, was released on February 23, 2010.
- Adam Olenius - vocals, guitar
- Ted Malmros - bass, percussion, backing vocals
- Carl von Arbin - guitar, backing vocals
- Eric Edman - drums
- Bebban Stenborg - keyboards, accordion, glockenspiel, moog, backing vocals
- Howl Howl Gaff Gaff (October 1, 2003, international version, May 24, 2005)
- Our Ill Wills (April 25, 2007)
- Work (February 23, 2010) (#200 US)
- 100° EP (2003)
- Oh, Sweetheart EP (2004)
- Very Loud EP (2004)
- The Combines EP (Remixes) (2006)
- "Hurry Up Let's Go" (2003)
- "Shut Your Eyes" (2003)
- "Please Please Please" (2004)
- "Very Loud" / "Wish I Was Dead" (2004)
- "The Comeback" (2005) (#63 UK)
- "Please Please Please", (2006) (#53 UK)
- "Tonight I Have to Leave It" (2007)
- "Impossible" (2008)
- "Walls" (2010)
- "Fall Hard" (2010)
- SXSW: The Best Of The West EP (March 15, 2005) - "Never Ever"
- Music from the OC: Mix 5 (November 8, 2005) - "Wish I Was Dead, Pt. 2"
- Music from the Television Series One Tree Hill - Volume II: Friends with Benefit (February 7, 2006) - "Please Please Please"
- Seventeen: The Best New Music (Hear It First) (April 18, 2006) - "Hurry Up Let's Go"
- Official Site
- Shout Out Louds entry at The Indie Music Database
- Live Pictures from Shout Out Louds, 01.08.2008 @ Sonnenrot Festival, Germany from Poorboys On The Road
- live review
- Shout Out Louds plays Tonight I have to leave it at PSL
- Shout Out Louds - Video Interview: "What is really important to you?"
- Interview and live videos at wenn's rockt! WebTV
- Interview from Hate Something Beautiful
- Interview from Webcuts
- Acoustic Session with 'They Shoot Music Dont They'
- Lyrics at Lyricpages.com