Matthew "Matt" Scannell
Matthew "Matt" Scannell is an American singer, guitarist, songwriter and musician. Scannell is the lead vocalist, lead guitarist, primary songwriter, and founding member of the alternative rock band, Vertical Horizon.
Scannell is a native of Worcester, Massachusetts He was given his first guitar when he was seven years old. Scannell attended high school at Deerfield Academy in Deerfield, Massachusetts. He enrolled at Georgetown University in Washington D.C. after graduation from high school.
In 1991, Scannell and another Georgetown student, Keith Kane, formed Vertical Horizon. The two began performing in Washington clubs in October 1991. Scannell received a bachelor's degree in psychology from Georgetown University in 1992.
The duo released their first album, There and Back Again, in 1992 after graduation from Georgetown. Scannell has since appeared as the lead vocalist of all of Vertical Horizon's albums.
Singer Richard Marx and Scannell collaborated to released the album, Duo, in 2008 and Duo Live in 2010.. On June 8, 2011, Scannell appeared at the Arcada Theatre in St. Charles, Illinois, with actor Hugh Jackman. Scannell and Jackman were invited to perform as guests of Marx.
- 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Artist Profiles: Vertical Horizon, Billboard Magazine (page 98), 2001-05-21. URL accessed on 2011-07-17.
- 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Catlin, Roger, Vertical Horizon Reaches For Stars: From Acoustic To Metal, Band Finally Hits It Big, Hartford Courant, 2001-02-01. URL accessed on 2011-07-17.
- Meet Vertical Horizon, The Vindicator, 2002-11-16. URL accessed on 2011-07-17.
- Skeehan, Patrick, 5,000 Students and Alumni Attend Homecoming Tailgate, The Hoya, 2003-10-17. URL accessed on 2011-07-17.
- 5.0 5.1 Hugh Jackman to perform at Arcada in SC, The Beacon-News, 2011-05-23. URL accessed on 2011-07-17.
- Songfacts: Interview with Matt Scannell
|* Matt Scannell
|Studio albums||* There and Back Again
|Live albums||* Live Stages|
|Singles||* "We Are"
|Related articles||* Discography