born on 13/8/1954 in Crailsheim, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
died on 17/3/2019 in Karlsruhe, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
Wolfgang Meyer (13 August 1954 - 17 March 2019) was a German clarinetist.
Meyer studied clarinet at the Staatliche Hochschule für Musik in Stuttgart, and the Hochschule für Musik und Theater Hannover along with his sister Sabine Meyer. He led masterclasses in Brazil, Italy, Japan, Canada and Finland. He was a member of Trio di Clarone, Carmina Quartett and Quatuor Mosaïques. He was a professor at the Musikhochschule Karlsruhe from 1989 until his death in 2019, and was its director from 2001 to 2007.
- Schumann, Bruch, with Sabine Meyer and Kalle Randalu. Cavi-Music, 2008.
- Messiaen: Turangalîla-Symphonie; Quatuor Pour La Fin Du Temps, with the London Symphony Orchestra. EMI Classics, 2008.
- Charles Uzor: Quartets; Quintet. Neos, 2008.
- Mozart: Clarinet Concerto; Oboe Concerto; Concerto for flute and harp, with Concentus Musicus Wien. Warner Classics, 2007.
- Classique & Zen, with Anne Gastinel, Philippe Jaroussky and Ensemble Kapsberger. Naive, 2007.
- Brahms: 2 Sonatas Op. 120 for Clarinet and Viola with Piano, with Andre de Groote and Pierre-Henri Xuereb. Classic Talent, 2007.
- Mozart: Clarinet Quintet, with Quatuor Mosaïques, Patrick Cohen, and Anita Mitterer. Valois, 2006.
- Salieri, Danzi, Pleyel: Sinfonia Concertante, with the Wurttemberg Chamber Orchestra. MD&G, 2002.
- Homage to Benny Goodman, with Sabine Meyer and the Bamberg Symphony Chorus. EMI, 2000.
- The Clarinet at the Opera, with the Polish Radio Orchestra and Chorus Krakow. Classic Talent, 1999.
- Brahms: Ein Deutsches Requiem, with the Berliner Philharmoniker and Chor der St. Hedwigs-Kathedrale. Polygram Records, 1998.
- Maria Venuti Sings Schubert, Schoenberg, Schumann, with Charles Spencer and Maria Venuti. Hanssler Classics, 1995.
- Mozart: Requiem, with the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra. Deutsche Grammophon, 1990.