born on 25/9/1987 in Los Angeles, CA, United States
Robert Francis (musician)
|Robert Francis (musician)|
Robert Francis (born September 25, 1987 in Los Angeles, California) is a multi-instrumentalist, Americana singer-songwriter. His debut full-length album One By One was released in August 2007 by Aeronaut Records, gaining him notice for its "emotional darkness and musicality".
His sound is distinguished by his "bright, gravelly baritone", often conveying the emotion of a more "hardened performer".
It was announced that Francis would release his third album, and first with Vanguard Records, Strangers in the First Place, on May 22, 2012.
Francis' song, "All of My Trains," from his album One By One appeared in the 2009 film, The Vicious Kind.
Two of his songs, "Dakota" and "All of My Trains", were used in the 2012 film Deadfall.
Francis' fourth studio album, Heaven, is set to be released on Aeronaut Records on June 3, 2014.
- One By One (2007)
- Before Nightfall (2009)
- Strangers in the First Place (2012)
- Heaven (2014)
- Bordal, Christian, Robert Francis: A Young Man with an Old Soul, October 2, 2007.
- lCMJ Music Review
- Entertainment Weekly
- Robert Francis and The Night Tide to Release 'Heaven' on June 3. Guitar World. Retrieved on March 30, 2014.
- Official Website
- Robert Francis on Facebook
- Robert Francis on MySpace