born on 18/12/1977 in Lund, Skåne, Sweden
Axwell at Melbourne, 2007.
|Birth name||Axel Hedfors|
|Born||December 18 1977|
|Genre(s)||Deep House, Funky House, Acid House|
|Occupation(s)||DJ, remixer, record producer|
|Label(s)|| Axtone (2005present) Data Records (2006present) Soulfuric Recordings (2002-2005)
also released through Ministry of Sound
|Supermode, Axer, Swedish House Mafia|
Axwell (born as Axel Hedfors on December 18, 1977 in Stockholm, Sweden) is a DJ, remixer, record producer and record label owner from Stockholm, Sweden.
In late 2004 Axwell released another global hit, "Feel The Vibe", which was re-released under Ministry of Sound in 2005 with added vocals from Tara McDonald as "Feel The Vibe ('Til The Morning Comes)."
Also leading the way has been Mambana, his collaboration with Isabel Fructuoso (of Afro Medusa fame). Signed to Soulfuric Recordings, they have released three tracks since 2002. "No Reason" was their debut single, which hit the top spot in all the Hype/Buzz charts that Summer and was featured in the sets of all the top DJ's including Little Louie Vega, Danny Rampling and Ben Watt. The follow ups were "Felicidad" and "Libre". "Libre" was released in 2003 and was arguably bigger than its predecessor. "Libre" was licensed to more than 12 different territories and featured on compilations that sold in excess of half a million copies.
Axwell has also been responsible for Jetlag's "So Right", which came out in September 2002 on Soulfuric, featuring the vocals of Noel McKoy and co-produced with Brian Tappert. In late 2002 Axwell went back to his roots and produced a track under his own name - "Lead Guitar" which was released by fellow Swede Stonebridge on his Stoney Boy imprint.
2003 saw Axwell recording for London based label suSU (the UK home of Masters At Work) under the guise of Starbeach. The track was called "Get Naked" & featured the vocal talents of D'Empress (from Mutiny). This was followed up by his version of Evelyn Thomas' classic "High Energy". In the autumn of 2003 Axwell's "Wait A Minute", featuring the vocals of Nevada, was released on Soulfuric's sub-label Device. This song was a club smash that gained support from the likes of Pete Tong, Junior Jack, Kid Creme and David Guetta.
In between all this, Axwell has been producing remixes for other artists - recent mixes have included Usher's "Burn" (BMG), Room 5's "Make Luv" (Positiva), Clipse & Faith Evans "Ma, I Dont Love Her" (RCA), Stonebridge's "Put 'Em High" (Hed Kandi), N*E*R*D's single "Maybe" (Virgin), and more recently Hard-Fi's "Hard To Beat", Deep Dish's "Dreams", Pharrell' "Angel", Nelly Furtado's "Promiscuous" and Madonna's "Jump".
In addition to a re-release of "Feel The Vibe" on Ministry Of Sound, he has produced several club remixes, as well as his own production, including "Get Over Here" by Rasmus Faber, "2 Million Ways" by C-Mos, "Turn On The Music" by Roger Sanchez, as well as his collaboration with Sebastian Ingrosso on Ernesto vs Bastian's "Dark Side Of The Moon". Among his original production, it's his other collaboration with the also Swedish producer Ingrosso on "Together". Axwell's most successful release of 2005 was "Watch The Sunrise", with Steve Edwards on vocals (famous for Cassius' "The Sound Of Violence"). The track has reached #3 in UK Dance Singles Chart and BBC Radio 1 Dance Chart. In between Axwell's productions he also found time to create Axtone, his own record label.
In the spring of 2006, Axwell and Steve Angello, under the Supermode alias, have remixed Bronski Beat's "Smalltown Boy", producing "Tell Me Why". It was released under the Data label. Later, he teamed up with Eric Prydz and produced the tracks 123 and 321 releasing them under the alias Axer.
In August 2007, Axwell teamed up with performer Max'C to create the track "I Found U", which made it to #6 in the UK Singles Chart.
On 12 August 2007, Axwell, Steve Angello and Sebastian Ingrosso played the Main Room at Cream Amnesia under the alias The Swedish House Mafia as part of Radio 1's Essential Mix Ibiza. The live set received rave reviews.
Axwell co-wrote and co-produced the song "Rain on Me" with Cyndi Lauper for her 2008 album Bring Ya to the Brink.
In June 2008, he released a song which was originally produced as a remix for David Guetta's "Everytime We Touch". Somehow, Guetta rejected the remix so Axwell took the instrumental of the song, teamed up with Bob Sinclar who brought in vocalist Ron Carroll and together they created "What A Wonderful World".
Only a month later, Axwell released another song, this time in collaboration with a dj and producer from down under, Dirty South (DJ). The co-production was called "Open Your Heart".
At the same time, he also remixed "Hometown Glory" by Adele. The remix was released in two versions, "original mix" with more vocals and more club oriented "Remode".
- 1999 "Funkboy"
- 2000 "Jazz Player"
- 2000 "Pull Over"
- 2002 "Black Pony" (with Stonebridge as Playmarker)
- 2002 "Lead Guitar"
- 2002 "Burning" (with Robbie Rivera)
- 2003 "Burning - The Remixes" (with Robbie Rivera)
- 2003 "High Energy" (feat. Evelyn Thomas)
- 2003 "Wait A Minute" (with Nevada Cato)
- 2004 "Feel The Vibe" (feat. Errol Reid)
- 2005 "Feel The Vibe (Til The Morning Comes)" (feat. Errol Reid and Tara McDonald)
- 2005 "Together" (with Sebastian Ingrosso feat. Michael Feiner)
- 2005 "Watch The Sunrise" (feat. Steve Edwards) #70 UK
- 2007 "I Found U" (feat. Max C) #6 UK
- 2007 "Get Dumb" (with Steve Angello, Sebastian Ingrosso and Laidback Luke)
- 2007 "It's True" (with Sebastian Ingrosso vs. Salem Al Fakir)
- 2007 "Submariner"
- 2008 "What A Wonderful World." (with Bob Sinclar feat. Ron Carroll)
- 2008 "Open Your Heart" (with Dirty South feat. Rudy)
- 2009 "Leave The World Behind" (feat. Deborah Cox with Steve Angello, Sebastian Ingrosso and Laidback Luke)
- 2009: The Temper Trap - Sweet Disposition (Axwell & Dirty South Remix)
- 2009: Tv Rock-In the Air (Ft Rudy)
- 2008: Abel Ramos & Miss Melody - Rotterdam City Of Love
- 2008: Adele - Hometown Glory
- 2008: TV Rock - Been A Long Time (Ft Rudy)
- 2008: Hard Fi - I Shall Overcome
- 2007: Dirty South - Let It Go
- 2007: Faithless - Music Matters
- 2007: Bob Sinclar - Feel For You
- 2006: Sunfreakz - Counting Down The Days
- 2006: Madonna - Jump
- 2006: Moby and Mylene Farmer - Slipping Away (Crier La Vie)
- 2006: Nelly Furtado - Promiscuous
- 2006: Lorraine - Transatlantic Flight
- 2006: Bob Sinclar - World Hold On
- 2005: Pharrell - Angel
- 2005: Deep Dish ft Stevie Nicks - Dreams
- 2005: Ernesto Vs Bastian - Dark Side Of The Moon (with Sebastian Ingrosso)
- 2005: Hard Fi - Hard To Beat
- 2005: Roger Sanchez - Turn On The Music
- 2005: Jerry Ropero & Dennis The Menace - Coração
- 2005: C-Mos - 2 Million Ways
- 2005: Average White Band - Let's Go Round Again
- 2005: Rasmus Faber - Get Over Here
- 2004: DJ Flex - Love 4 U
- 2004: Usher - Burn
- 2003: Eric Prydz - Slammin
- 2003: Souledz - You Can't Hide Your Love
- 2003: The Attic - Destiny
- 2003: Clipse Ft Faith Evans - Mah I Don't Love Her
- 2002: Room 5 - Make Luv
- 2002: Soulsearcher - Feelin Love
- 2002: Afro Angel - Join Me Brother
- 2002: Deli pres. Demetreus - BetterLove
- 2002: Robbie Rivera - Burning
- 2002: Mendez - No Criminal
- 2002: Playmaker - BlackPony
- 2002: L'Stelle - Let It Go
- 2002: Michelle Wilson - Love Connection
- 2002: Mendez - Adrenaline
- 2002: Enamor - I Believe
- 2001: MixMaster & Axwell - Summerbreeze
- 2001: Waako - I Get Lifted
- 2001: OceanSpirit - BourbonStreet
- 2001: Mendez - Blanca!
- 2001: MowRee - Luv Is Not To Win
- 2001: LoveSelective - El Bimbo Latino
- 2001: Murcielago - Los Americanos
- 2001: MixMaster - Latin Session
- 2001: Sahlene - House
- 2001: EasyStreet feat. Nevada - Be With You
- 2001: Bikini - Nite&Day
- 2001: Cape - L.O.V.E
- 2000: Lutricia McNeal - Sodapop
- 2000: Stonebridge feat. Dayeene - I Like
- 2000: Antiloop - Only U
- 2000: Tin Pan Alley - My Love Has Got A Gun
- 2000: Da Buzz - Let Me Love You
- 2000: Juni Juliet - Back In My Arms
- 2000: Elena Valente - Love Is
- 2000: Domenicer - Dolce Marmelata
- all are collaborations with Isabel Fructuoso
- 2001 "No Reason"
- 2003 "Libre"
- 2004 "Felicidad"
- 2004 "Libre 2005 - The Remixes"
- 2005 "Felicidad 2005 - The Remixes"
- all songs released as Quazar / Sanxion is available as free public domain downloads from ftp.modland.com
- 1995 "Stars on Earth"
- 1995 "When we Rise"
- 1996 "At the Morgue"
- 1996 "Hybrid Song (Funky Stars)"
- 1997 "Dubbeldist"
- 1997 "Pure Instinct"
- 1995 "Tranquility"
- 1996 "Output"
- 1997 "Pulze"
- 2001 Pump
- 2001 "High Priestess" remix (by Tropical Deep), as Soulplayaz
- 2002 "What Would You Do / You Set Me Free", as Soulplayaz
- 2005 "I Get Lifted", as Soulplayaz
- 2002 "So Right", as Jetlag (with Patrick's Imagination)
- 2003 "Heart of Mine", as Mahogany People
- 2003 "Get Naked", as Starbeach
- 2006 "Tell Me Why", as Supermode (with Steve Angello) (#13 UK, #5 Netherlands)
- 2006 "123 / 321", as Axer (with Eric Prydz)
Beatport Music Awards: Best House Artist
Beatport Music Awards: Best Remix - Dirty South - Let It Go (Axwell Remix)
- List of Number 1 Dance Hits (United States)
- List of artists who reached number one on the US Dance chart
- Mixes from Axwell
- Official Website