born on 19/11/1987 in Genève, GE, Switzerland
Links louisschwizgebelpiano.com (English)
Louis Schwizgebel (born 19 November 1987) is a Swiss pianist. He studied piano with Franz Josefovski and Brigitte Meyer at the Lausanne Conservatory, Pascal Devoyon at Universität der Künste Berlin, Emanuel Ax at the Juilliard School, and Pascal Nemirovski at the Royal Academy of Music. He won 2nd prize at the Leeds International Piano Competition.
Schwizgebel has been the recipient of a number of prizes and scholarships, including second prize at the 2005 Concours de Genève, First Prize at the 2007 Young Concert Artists European Auditions in Leipzig and the Young Concert Artists International Auditions in New York, and 2nd prize at the 2012 Leeds International Piano Competition. He received a scholarship from Mozart-Gesellschaft Dortmund in 2013-2104, and was a BBC Radio 3 New Generation Artist in 2013-2015.
Born in Geneva, Louis Schwizgebel is the son of Chinese mother Yaping Wang and father Georges Schwizgebel, a Swiss animated film director. He currently lives in London. He enjoys performing magic, and making complex origami.
- 2006: Piano Concerto No. 2 of Mendelssohn, with the Orchestre de Chambre de Genève directed by Paul Goodwin; label Pan-Classics.
- 2013: Solo Album "Poems"; label Aparté
- 2013: Brahms Cello Sonatas + Clarinet Trio with cellist Ophélie Gaillard and clarinetist Fabio Di Càsola; label Aparté
- 2014: Beethoven: Piano Concertos 1 & 2, London Philharmonic Orchestra, cond. Thierry Fischer; label Aparté
- 2015: Saint-Saens: Piano Concertos 2 & 5, BBC Symphony Orchestra, cond. Martyn Brabbins & Fabien Gabel; label Aparté
- 2016: Schubert: Piano Sonatas Nos. 19, D958 and 16, D845; label Aparté
- Louis Schwizgebel [@louisschwiz] (13 November 2015). "Another complex origami folded from an uncut square. #scorpion #origamifridays #robertjlang" (Tweet) – via Twitter.