born on 27/7/1990
|Born||July 27 1990 Wilmington, North Carolina|
Cheyenne Nichole Kimball (born July 27, 1990) is an American singer-songwriter, guitarist. and mandolinist. Her debut album, The Day Has Come was released in July 2006 coinciding with an MTV reality series following her entry into the music industry. This album produced a chart single on the Billboard Hot 100 in "Hanging On." From 2008 to 2011, she was a member of the country music band Gloriana, which made its chart debut in 2009.
Kimball was signed to Epic Records. She appeared on and won the TV show America's Most Talented Kid at the age of twelve. She released her Epic Records debut album, The Day Has Come, on July 11, 2006, with her first single and video, "Hanging On", sent to Top 40 mainstream radio and video outlets (VH1 and MTV) in early April 2006. She began her first cross-country tour on April 17 to promote her single and album.
To further promote her music, she has an MTV television show called "Cheyenne", which premiered May 31 at 10:30 PM EST in the United States. The show later premiered on June 21 in Canada. She also appeared on the Aquamarine movie soundtrack with the song One Original Thing, the song was released as a single in October 2006. She has released the iTunes exclusive single "Drift Away". On December 5, 2006 Cheyenne's reality show DVD was released. Cheyenne's song "Four Walls" was released as a single in January. Cheyenne performed in the 2006 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade singing "Four Walls", and live at the Pro Bowl on February 10, 2007.
Kimball also appeared in a Candie's commercial with Pat Benatar. Of this experience, Cheyenne said in an interview:
They offered for Pat to do the campaign. Shes never used her music for any type of commercial. She was very iffy about it. She didnt want to work with any other artists, but when they mentioned my name she said that she wanted to do it. She really liked everything that I was doing and really thought it was a good idea. So it just kind of happened. It was an honor, it really was. It was great working with her. Of course the clothes were great, too, that didnt hurt.
Miley Cyrus covered "Four Walls" on her record, "Breakout", released in 2008.
In 2008, Kimball put her solo career on hold. She joined the country music band Gloriana, in which she sang and played mandolin. The band made its chart debut in 2009 with the single "Wild at Heart", a Top 20 country hit. As of 2009, her official site, CheyenneKimball.com now re-directs to Gloriana.com. Gloriana appeared in the 2010 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on November 25, 2010.
On July 11, 2011, Kimball departed Gloriana for reasons unknown.
|Title||Details|| Peak chart
|The Day Has Come||
|2006||"Hanging On"||53||40||The Day Has Come|
|"One Original Thing"|
Cheyenne's MTV show
- "Meet Cheyenne" (First broadcast on May 31, 2006)
- "Manifest Destiny" (First broadcast on June 7, 2006)
- "You'll Never Guess Where I'm Texting You From" (First broadcast on June 14, 2006)
- "Wish You Were Here" (First broadcast on June 21, 2006)
- "Almost Vacation" (First broadcast on June 28, 2006)
- "Almost Famous" (First broadcast on July 5, 2006)
- "Dress Away" (First broadcast on July 12, 2006)
- "The End Is the Beginning" (First broadcast on July 19, 2006)
- Cheyenne's Reality show DVD was released on December 5, 2006
- Cheyenne Kimball: One Original Singer. URL accessed on 2008-07-31.
- Gloriana official website. URL accessed on 2008-11-28.
- Glorianas Cheyenne Kimball Exits Band. Country Weekly. Retrieved on 7/11/2011.
- Cheyenne Kimball Album & Song Chart History - Billboard 200. Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved on February 2, 2011.
- CANOE -- JAM! Music SoundScan Charts - August 20, 2006. CANOE -- JAM! (August 20, 2006). Archived from the original on August 20, 2006. Retrieved on February 2, 2011.
Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Cheyenne Kimball
- Cheyenne Kimball at the Internet Movie Database