born on 14/7/1964 in Rhode Island, RI, United States
Ken Serio is a session drummer from Rhode Island. A drummer since the age of 11, he moved to New York City to pursue the craft professionally, studying with Joe Morello and Kenwood Dennard, among others. He currently resides in northern New Jersey, teaching dozens of students weekly.
He has performed with artists like Mark Egan, Vic Juris, Ronnie Earl, Popa Chubby, Danny Gottlieb, Gil Goldstein, Dave Mann, Billy Eric, Alicia Keys, Enrico Granafei, Joey Ramone, Philip Glass, Beastie Boys, Billy Joel, and Dem Brooklyn Bums. He has also played on commercial jingles for Kellogg's and Coca-Cola.
He endorses and hosts clinics for companies like Sonor Drums, Hot Sticks Drumsticks, SJC Custom Snare Drums, Axis Pedals, Flix Stix, Mike Balter Mallets, and Dream Cymbals.
His five original albums are distributed through Serio's own label, Tripping Tree
- Tomorrow's Another Day (as Ken Serio Trio) (1996)
- Through the Gate (1998)
- Eye to Eye (2002)(with Danny Gottlieb, Pete McCann, Leo Jordan,and Dave Mullen
- Drumspeak (2007)
- Live... in the Moment (with Mark Egan, Vic Juris and Pete McCann) (2008)
- " One Night " Ken Serio, Tomoko Ohno,Gary Mazzoroppi (2010)
With others: session work
- Dem Brooklyn Bums: If a Christmas Tree Fell in the Woods (1998)
- Billy Eric: G'tar Island (1996)
- Billy Eric: Of Near and Distant Lands (1999)
- Billy Eric: Yes Indeed (2003)
- Billy Eric: "Paint The Town"(2011)
- Enrico Granafei: The Plain Truth (1994)
- Victoria Warne: Fluorescence (2003)
- The Victoria Warne Band: Live At The Savoy (1999)
- Ron Drago: The Streets Of Montreal (2002)
- Jon Kline Combine (2006)
- Big Jeff and his Middle Sized Band (2005)
- (2002) Modern drummer: MD., Modern Drummer Publications.
- Tripping Tree Records Website