born on 30/12/1965 in Long Island, NY, United States
Frank Vignola (b. December 30, 1965, Long Island) is an American jazz guitarist.
Vignola began on guitar at age five. While he never listened to jazz exclusively, he has a wide range of influences, such as Les Paul, Eddie Van Halen and Frank Zappa. He later studied at the Cultural Arts Center of Long Island. He worked extensively as a sideman in the 1980s, with artists such as Madonna, Leon Redbone, and Ringo Starr. In 1993 he signed with Concord Jazz, when he was 27 and has released several albums under his own name since then. He has written 18 instructional guitar books and has recorded multiple instructional CD-ROMs for Truefire.com.
- Appel Direct (Concord Jazz, 1993)
- Let it Happen (Concord, 1994)
- Look Right, Jog Left (Concord, 1995)
- Deja Vu (Concord, 1999)
- Off Broadway (Nagel-Heyer, 2000)
- Blues for a Gypsy (Acoustic Disc, 2001)
- Kong Man (VMD)
- Vignola Plays Gershwin (Mel Bay, 2007)
- Just Between Frets with Tommy Emmanuel (Groovemasters, 2009)
- Standards Live with Bucky Pizzarelli (Frank Vignola, 2009)
- 100 Years of Django (Azica Records, 2010)
- [Frank Vignola at All Music Guide Frank Vignola] at Allmusic