born on 4/8/1973 in Los Angeles, CA, United States
Links www.myspace.com (English)
3T is an American R&B/pop music group featuring the three sons of Tito Jackson (from The Jackson 5) and Delores "Dee Dee" Jackson. The band members include, from eldest, Toriano Adaryll Jackson II (also known as Taj), Taryll Adren Jackson and Tito Joe Jackson (also known as TJ).
3T released their debut album Brotherhood in 1995. The album sold approximately three million copies worldwide. The group achieved an international hit with their debut single "Anything". 3T released several hit singles in Europe, including "24/7", "Why" (a duet with their uncle Michael Jackson), "I Need You" (with a brief appearance by Michael), "Tease Me" and "Gotta Be You". In 1996, they were ranked second behind the Spice Girls, as the biggest-selling group in Europe. 3T have also written and produced songs for soundtracks to films such as The Jacksons: An American Dream, Free Willy, Free Willy 2, Men in Black and Trippin', and Taryll has written/produced tracks for his aunt Janet Jackson as well as for Lindsay Lohan. In early 1997, they went on a hugely successful European tour with their album Brotherhood, which included all of the songs from the album, as well as a Jackson 5 tribute (featuring Tito 'Poppa T') and a surprise performance of the Oasis hit, "Wonderwall".
After signing with the French label TF1/NRJ in 2003, 3T continued to perform in France, the Netherlands and Belgium. The group signed with the Dutch label Digidance in 2004 for Dutch releases, appearances and performances. The album titled Identity was released on March 23, 2004. Two singles were released: "Stuck On You" (a cover of the Lionel Richie song) was released in 2003 in France and Belgium and in 2004 in the Netherlands, and "Sex Appeal" in 2004. Neither single was released outside of Europe. In 2008, 3T made Identity available on both iTunes and amazon.com worldwide.
On-and-off appearances (2007-2012)
The brothers appeared on the show This Is David Gest in 2007, including recording the theme tune "Crazy Kinda Guy". The show began on April 22, 2007. They appeared in an episode where Gest took cameras for a rare glimpse of the Jackson family house in Encino, California, where he met Tito and 3T as well as matriarch Katherine Jackson, as well as a later episode showing them recording the theme tune.
During the summer of 2008, the Jackson family (including Tito) stayed at a holiday let (rental) for six weeks in Appledore, Devon, England while searching for a house to buy in the area. The project was filmed for a Channel 4 documentary called The Jacksons are Coming, which was aired in 2008. Taj and TJ appear with their father, but Taryll did not join them on the trip. The 3 family members also attended a Michael Jackson fan event in Devon as part of their stay, ringing him up during the event which led to Michael talking to the fans over a loudspeaker on the phone.
On January 31, 2010, the three brothers appeared on stage at the 52nd Grammy Awards to support their cousins Prince Michael, Jr. and Paris Michael Katherine Jackson as they accepted the Lifetime Achievement Award on behalf of their father, Michael Jackson. On February 1, 2010, all 3 brothers then appeared in the remake of "We Are The World", this time in aid of the Haiti Appeal. However, they did not sing main parts of the song, only in the background. Currently, Taj is working on the Code Z zombie series and a science fiction project called Clone 3. TJ was selected to play the role of Prince Jean-Luc in the new stage version of Larry Hart's musical Sisterella that was scheduled to premiere in the fall of 2011. Taryll is working on his first solo album that he hopes will make his family and fans proud.
On October 8, 2011, 3T performed at the Michael Forever The Tribute Concert held at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff. They performed The Jacksons' track "Heartbreak Hotel" (also known as "This Place Hotel") followed by their own number 2 hit single "Why", which was originally a duet recorded with Michael for their 1995 album Brotherhood. At the end of the performance of "Why", all 3 brothers broke down into tears. They then appeared in the finale of the show performing Michael's hit "Don't Stop Til You Get Enough" with various other performers from the concert as well as members of the Jackson family who had been in attendance, including Michael's children Prince, Paris and Blanket (Prince II).
Taryll, who has been working on solo music for awhile, released his debut solo single "4Ever" on April 5, 2012 from his debut EP, My Life Without You which was released on Mother's Day 2012, May 13 in honor of his mother Dee Dee Jackson. On his birthday, August 8, 2012, Taryll released the single "Best of All Time", a tribute to his uncle Michael Jackson. The single is taken from his second EP, Undeniable which was released on August 29, 2012 in honor of Michael.
On August 25, 2012, a judge granted TJ guardianship over Michael's children Prince, Paris and Blanket, along with his grandmother Katherine Jackson.
In 2012, 3T returned to the studio to work on a new album. On December 26, 2013, British television station ITV2 announced that 3T would reunite on season 2 of The Big Reunion.
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|3T Meets The Family Of Soul||
|Year||Single||Peak chart positions||Album|
|"Why" (featuring Michael Jackson)||71||46||21||19||9||29||14||13||9||14||11||2|
|"I Need You"||17||9||5||22||14||5||30||42||9||3|
|1997||"Gotta Be You" (featuring Herbie Crichlow)||6||16||84||33||10|
|2003||"Stuck On You"||10||100||3||45||32||Identity|
|"If You Leave Me Now" (featuring T-Rio)||51||86||Non-album single|
- 1993: "Didn't Mean To Hurt You" (appears on the Free Willy soundtrack)
- 1995: "What Will It Take" (appears on the Free Willy 2 soundtrack)
- 1997: "Waiting For Love" (appears on the Men in Black soundtrack)
- 1999: "Thinkin'" (appears on the Trippin' soundtrack)
- The Jacksons to hit reality TV - in Devon. Telegraph.co.uk. Telegraph Media Group (2008-04-02). Retrieved on 2009-03-20.
- Hume, Mick, Last Night's TV: The Jacksons Are Coming, The Times, Times Newspapers, 2008-11-28. URL accessed on 2009-03-20.
- 3.0 3.1 Gilbert, Matthew, Jacksons + reality doesn't compute, The Boston Globe, December 12, 2009.
- Taj. Jackson Source (1973-08-04). Retrieved on 2012-04-27.
- While Taryll's most recent music was uploaded his personal sites up to mid-2009
- Taryll. Jackson Source (2011-10-08). Retrieved on 2012-04-27.
- Wightman, Catriona (December 27, 2013). Eternal, A1 and a supergroup: Big Reunion series two lineup unveiled. Digital Spy. Hearst Magazines UK. Retrieved on February 11, 2014.
- 9.0 9.1 [3T at All Music Guide 3T - US Awards]. AllMusic. Retrieved on 2013-11-16.
- 3T in Australian charts. australian-charts.com. Hung Medien. Retrieved on 2013-11-16.
- 11.0 11.1 3T in Belgian charts. ultratop.be Hung Medien. Retrieved on 2013-11-16.
- 3T in French charts. lescharts.com Hung Medien. Retrieved on 2013-11-16.
- 3T in German charts (German). Charts.de. Media Control. Retrieved on 2013-11-16.
- 3T in Dutch charts). GfK Dutch Charts Hung Medien. Retrieved on 2013-11-16.
- 3T in Norwegian charts. norwegiancharts.com. Hung Medien. Retrieved on 2013-11-16.
- 3T in Swedish charts (German). swedishcharts.com. Hung Medien. Retrieved on 2013-11-16.
- 3T in Swiss Charts (German). Hitparade.ch. Hung Medien. Retrieved on 2013-11-16.
- 3T in UK charts. Official Charts Company. Retrieved on 2013-11-16.
- Brotherhood Album. Discogs. Retrieved on 2013-11-16.
- Identity Album. Discogs. Retrieved on 2013-11-16.
- 3T Meets The Family Of Soul Album. Allmusic. Retrieved on 2013-11-16.
- Australian singles charts. australian-charts.com. Retrieved on 2013-11-16.
- Austrian singles charts. austriancharts.at. Retrieved on 2013-11-16.
- French singles charts. lescharts.com. Hung Medien. Retrieved on 2013-11-16.
- German singles chart. Hung Medien. Retrieved on 2013-11-16.
- Irish singles charts. IRMA 2006 - 2008. Retrieved on 2013-11-16.
- Dutch singles charts. Hung Medien. Retrieved on 2013-11-16.
- New Zealand singles charts. Hung Medien. Retrieved on 2013-11-16.
- Norwegian singles charts. Hung Medien. Retrieved on 2013-11-16.
- Swedish singles charts. Swedishcharts.com. Retrieved on 2013-11-16.
- Swiss singles charts (German). Hitparade.ch. Hung Medien. Retrieved on 2013-11-16.
- UK singles charts. chartstats.com. Retrieved on 2013-11-16.
|Parents||Joseph Jackson: 1929 Katherine Jackson: 1930|
|Children||Maureen Reillette (Rebbie): 1950 Sigmund Esco (Jackie): 1951 Toriano Adaryll (Tito): 1953 Jermaine La Jaune: 1954 La Toya Yvonne: 1956 Marlon David: 1957 Michael Joseph: 1958 Steven Randall (Randy): 1961 Janet Damita Jo: 1966|
|Famous Grandchildren||Stacee Brown: 1971 Yashi Brown: 1977 DealZ: 1977 Austin Brown: 1985|
|Musical groups||The Jackson 5/The Jacksons 3T|
|Television||The Jacksons (TV series) The Jacksons: An American Dream|