born on 4/11/1953 in Trento, Trentino-Alto Adige, Italy
Links www.mezzena.com (English, Italian)
- Guest soloist at concert halls and festivals in Europe, Japan, South America and U.S.A.
- Played Mendelssohn Op.64 at Carnegie Hall in New York.
- Toured with "I Musici" and "I Virtuosi di Roma".
- Performed with Salvatore Accardo, Bruno Battisti DAmario, Julius Berger, Bruno Canino, Roberto Corlianò, Roberto Fabbriciani, Rocco Filippini, Severino Gazzelloni, Stefano Giavazzi, Bruno Giuranna, Johannes Goritzki, Jacques Klein, Alain Meunier, Bruno Mezzena, Andrea Noferini, Antony Pay, Franco Petracchi, Ruggiero Ricci, Massimo Scattolin, Hariolf Schlichtig, Rohan de Saram and Romeo Tudorache.
- Concerts for RAI Radiotelevisione Italiana, Radio Vaticana, BBC, ABC, NBC, WSKG, WGBH Boston, NHK Television Japan, KBS Corea, etc.
- Gives Master Classes in Italy (Conservatory of Mantua, CMT Academy, S. Antioco, "Musica Riva Festival", Alghero, Naples) and abroad (Royal College and Trinity College - London, Hertford College - Oxford, Chetham's School of Music - Manchester, Rotterdam, Académié d'été d'Andé, Tokyo, Osaka, Kyushu, Barcelona, Oxford University,Ticino Musica Festival etc.).
- Recorded for Wide Classique, Dynamic, Symposium, Rivo Alto, Nuova Era, E.M.S. Arcobaleno.
- Recorded for Dynamic the complete concertos for violin and orchestra by G.B. Viotti (world premiere recording - 10 CDs), where he appears as soloist and conductor of the "Symphonia Perusina" and the Chamber Orchestra Milano Classica.
- Recorded for Wide Classique label the complete works for violin and piano by L. van Beethoven with the pianist Stefano Giavazzi (4 CDs).
- Recorded for Corrado Productions the complete duos for two violins by Giovanni Battista Viotti with the violinist Nancy Barnaba (Vol.1).
- Has conducted the Lublijana Symphony Orchestra, the Pescara Symphony Orchestra, the Teatro Regio of Turin Symphony Orchestra, the Milano Classica Chamber Orchestra, the Interpreti Italiani Chamber Orchestra, the Jalisco Philarmonic Orchestra etc.
- Professor at Conservatory "N. Piccinni" in Bari-Italy
- Artistic Director and founder of the Advanced Accademia Mezzogiorno Musicale in Taranto - Italy.
- Artistic Director of the Mezzogiorno in Musica Festival in Italy.
- Founder and principal conductor of Viotti Chamber Orchestra and member of the Jury of Italian EUYO (European Union Youth Orchestra) Auditions since 2005.
- In 2010 he formed a duo with the violinist Nancy Barnaba.
- Interviewed on The Strad, Fanfare, American Record Guide, New York Times, Gramophone, Diapason, FonoForum, MUSICA etc.
He plays a 1695 Stradivarius, an instrument by Roberto Regazzi (Bologna, 1998) and instruments made by Ornella Ceci (Bari 2009) and Giuseppe Leone (Ceglie Messapica 2012).
Franco Mezzena plays on strings DOGAL Capriccio Soloist.