Alma (Elizabeth) Deutscher
geboren 2005 in England, Grossbritannien
Alma Elizabeth Deutscher (born 2005) is a composer, pianist and violinist who lives with her parents in Dorking, Surrey, England. Only eight years old, she has completed her first major composition, the opera The Sweeper of Dreams, which has been highly commended by the English National Opera.
Life and work
Alma is the daughter of Janie (née Steen), an organ scholar, and Guy Deutscher, an Israeli-born linguist and amateur flautist. According to her father, she could name the notes on a piano when she was two. "For her third birthday I bought her a little violin as a toy," he explains. "She was so excited by it and tried playing on it for days on end, so we decided to try and find her a teacher. Within less than a year she was playing Handel sonatas." At the age of six she composed her first sonata and in 2012, an opera, The Sweeper of Dreams. Alma explains: "The music comes to me when Im relaxing. I go and sit down on a seat or lie down. I like thinking about fairies a lot, and princesses, and beautiful dresses."
Her short opera is based on the Neil Gaiman story "The Sweeper of Dreams". The text was adapted from The Calling by Elizabeth Adlington. It was submitted to a contest run by the English National Opera but missed out on a place in the final.
- Sonata in E-flat for piano by Alma Deutscher, aged 6 (composed October 2011).
- Andante for Violin by Alma Deutscher (aged 6).
- Rondino in Eb for violin composed and played by Alma Deutscher (aged 7).
- The Sweeper of Dreams, an opera by Alma Deutscher, aged 7 (composed July 2012).
- 1.0 1.1 James Lachno, "Is Alma Deutscher the new Mozart?", The Telegraph, 12 October 2012. Retrieved 23 October 2012.
- "Alma Deutscher: Biography", Last.fm. Retrieved 23 October 2012.
- 4.0 4.1 Simon Usborne, "Composing an opera? It's just child's play, says Britain's newest classical music prodigy", The Independent, 12 October 2012. Retrieved 23 October 2012.
- John Stevens, "Meet Little Miss Mozart: The miniature musician aged seven who has composed her own opera", Mail Online, 21 October 2012. Retrieved 23 October 2012.
- "The Sweeper of Dreams by Alma Deutscher". Mini Operas. Archive.org copy of 21 October 2012.
- "Sonata in E-flat by Alma Deutscher (aged 6), II-Fantasia (composed October 2011)", YouTube. Retrieved 23 October 2012.
- "Andante for Violin by Alma Deutscher (aged 6). Recorded: May 2011", YouTube. Retrieved 23 October 2012.
- "Rondino for violin composed by Alma Deutscher (7). Recorded: July 2012", YouTube. Retrieved 23 October 2012.
- "The Sweeper of Dreams, an opera by Alma Deutscher (7)", YouTube. Retrieved 23 October 2012.
Dieser Artikel basiert auf dem Artikel Alma Deutscher aus der freien Enzyklopädie Wikipedia und steht unter der GNU-Lizenz für freie Dokumentation.
In der Wikipedia ist eine Liste der Autoren verfügbar.