geboren am 21.11.1977 in Granada, Andalucía, Spanien
Pablo Heras-Casado (born 21 November 1977, Granada, Spain) is a Spanish conductor.
The son of a retired police officer and a housewife, he began singing with a school choir at age 7 and piano lessons at age 9. He studied music at the conservatory in Granada. He later attended the Universidad de Granada, with concentrations in art history and acting. He studied conducting further at the Universidad de Alcalá de Henares. His conducting teachers have included Harry Christophers and Christopher Hogwood.
In the mid-1990s, Heras-Casado participated in the founding of the early music ensemble Capella Exaudi. At the Universidad de Granada, he helped found the ensemble SONÓORA, with a focus on modernist and avant-garde music. In 2000-2001, he was an assistant conductor with the Joven Orquesta Nacional de España. He founded the Barroca de Granada Orchestra in 2002. In 2004, he established an "International Choral Conducting Masterclass" in Valle de Ricote (Murcia). In 2006-2007, he was an assistant conductor with the Opéra de Paris. In 2007, Heras-Casado cofounded La Compañía Teatro del Principe, a period instrument ensemble based in Aranjuez, Spain which focuses on neglected operas of the Spanish baroque era. His work in contemporary music has included conducting the world premieres of Marc-Olivier Dupin's ballet Les enfants du paradis for Opéra National de Paris (2008) and of the opera Matsukaze by Toshio Hosokawa (2011).
He has conducted some major orchestras in Europe and the US. Heras-Casado made his US debut in June 2008 with the Ensemble ACJW at Carnegie Hall, New York. His UK debut followed in August 2008 with the National Youth Orchestra of Great Britain. Heras-Casado first conducted the Orchestra of St. Luke's in the summer of 2011. In December 2011, the orchestra announced the appointment of Heras-Casado as its principal conductor, with immediate effect, and with an initial contract through 2015.
In 2010 he appeared at the Mostly Mozart Festival for the first time, and in 2012 he made his debut at the Salzburg Festspiele.
Heras-Casado's honours have included winning the Lucerne Festival Conductors' Competition in 2007, where he has returned twice to co-direct the festival's Academy at the personal invitation of Pierre Boulez. He received the "Critical Eye" prize of Radio Clásica, part of RTVE, in November 2010. He holds the Rodríguez Acosta Foundation Honour Medal, of which previous recipients include Manuel de Falla and Andrés Segovia, and has been named Honorary Ambassador of his hometown, Granada.
Awards and honours
- 2007: Winner of the Lucerne Festival Conductors Competition, Switzerland.
- 2010: Critical Eye award to the best classical music artist by Radio Clásica/RTVE, Spain.
- 2010: included in the 100 most influential people in the Spanish newspaper El País.
- 2011: Medal of Honour by the Rodríguez Acosta Foundation, Spain 
- 2011: Diapason dOr by the French music magazine Diapason for the recording of Kurt Weills Rise and Fall of the City of Mahagonny.
- 2012: Medal of Honour of the City of Granada, Spain.
- 2012: Included in Crains Magazine New York "40 under 40" list.
- 2013: Named Conductor of the Year by Musical America.
- Verdi: Baritone Arias. Plácido Domingo. Sony. Autumn 2013
- Mendelssohn: Symphony No. 2 "Lobgesang". Symphonieorchester des Bayerischen Rundfunks. Harmonia Mundi. March 2014
- Schubert: Symphonies Nos. 3 and 4. Freiburger Barockorchester. Harmonia Mundi. September 2013
- Kurt Weill & Bertolt Brecht (DVD): Weill: Rise and Fall of the City of Mahagonny. Teatro Real, Madrid. 2011
- Giuseppe Bonno: L´isola Disabitata. World first recording. Compañia del Principe, Aranjuez. Release date unconfirmed
- Orchestre Philharmonique de Radio France (DVD): F. Schubert: Symphony No. 7 in B minor, "The Unfinished". Les Clefs de l´Orchestre - Jean François Zygel Naïve. 2011
- Nino Rota, Trombone Concerto. Frederic Belli Plays Works By Berio, Rabe, Martin, Delerue & Rota. Hänssler Classic. 2011
- José Castel. La Fontana del Placer (Zarzuela in two acts, 1776). Compañía Teatro del Príncipe. World premiere recording. Música Antigua Aranjuez. 2010
- Luigi Boccherini. Clementina (Zarzuela in Two Acts). Compañía Teatro del Príncipe World premiere recording. Música Antigua Aranjuez. 2010
- William Robin, A Renaissance Man, and Many Eras Besides, New York Times, 2012-08-02. URL accessed on 2012-08-08.
- Orchestra of St. Luke's (6 December 2011). Pablo Heras-Casado Named Principal Conductor of Orchestra of St. Luke's. Press release. Retrieved on 2011-12-24
- Pablo Heras-Casado se alza con el premio Ojo Crítico de Música Clásica, Radio y Televisión Española, 2010-11-05. URL accessed on 2011-01-26.
- Ayuntamiento distingue al director de la Orquesta St. Luke's de Nueva York como Embajador de Granada
- Klangforum Wien/ DirigentInnen
- Pablo Heras-casado Awarded By Spanish Broadcasting Corporation | Harrisonparrott.com
- El País, 26 January 2012
- Andalucía Noticias, 20 December 2011
- Pablo Heras-Casado | LA Phil
- Diario Ideal, 2 February 2013
- Crains New York Business, 2012
Dieser Artikel basiert auf dem Artikel Pablo Heras-Casado aus der freien Enzyklopädie Wikipedia und steht unter der GNU-Lizenz für freie Dokumentation.
In der Wikipedia ist eine Liste der Autoren verfügbar.