Hilary Davan Wetton
geboren am 23.12.1943
Links www.hilarydavanwetton.co.uk (Englisch)
Hilary Davan Wetton
Hilary John Davan Wetton (born 23 December 1943) is a British conductor.
Hilary Davan Wetton was educated at Westminster School and Oxford University. He has married three times, in 1964 to Elizabeth Tayler and in 1989 to Alison Kelly. He is currently married to Professor Tonia L Vincent with whom he has one daughter.
Davan Wetton is Musical Director of three amateur choirs (the City of London Choir, the Hastings Philharmonic Choir and the Surrey Festival Choir). He is Conductor Emeritus of the Milton Keynes City Orchestra (of which he was founding conductor) and of the Guildford Choral Society which he conducted from 1968 - 2008. He has made a number of acclaimed recordings with the Guildford Choral Society, the Holst Singers, the London Philharmonic and the Milton Keynes Orchestras.
Hilary Davan Wetton has had a long career as a conductor and teacher. He was Director of Music at Cranleigh School, St Paul's Girls School and Tonbridge School, and has conducted some of the leading British youth orchestras. He also has a continuing association with the National Children's Orchestra.
He appears frequently as a guest conductor with choirs and orchestras both in Britain and overseas, and has performed regularly on Radio 3.
He has been awarded honorary degrees by the Open University (MA) and de Montfort University (DMus).
- "Hilary Davan Wetton". Hilary Davan Wetton. Retrieved 2012-05-08.
- "Hilary Davan Wetton". The Guardian. 2007-11-06. Retrieved 2012-05-08.
- "Person Page 23615". Thepeerage.com. Retrieved 2012-05-08.- genealogy page giving his family relationships
- "City of London Choir". City of London Choir. Retrieved 2012-05-08.
- "Hilary Davan Wetton". Mkco.org. Retrieved 2012-05-08.* "Hilary Davan Wetton" (PDF). London Swiss Church. Retrieved 2013-03-01.
Dieser Artikel basiert auf dem Artikel Hilary Davan Wetton aus der freien Enzyklopädie Wikipedia und steht unter der GNU-Lizenz für freie Dokumentation.
In der Wikipedia ist eine Liste der Autoren verfügbar.